Moving media library to new NAS
Hi all,

I really have tried to search for this answer, but only getting either nothing relevant or searching with too short words .... I might be too dumb to put together the right search string, but I hope someone could easily and cuickly point me to the right answer Smile

My current NAS is relatively small and I want to replace it with a new one - this one would obviously have a different IP address; directory structure etc.. So my question is simply: How do I update my Kodi library to point towards the new locations (I want to move most of the current library to the new NAS and only keep the stuff I want to keep long term on the old NAS) and still keep all other data like e.g. watched flags etc. ?

I would be able to sleep better at night if I could have this sorted / thanks all Smile

Cheers,
StoneT

***BUMP***
Guys - anyone ??
Anyone ??
Your req to keep evthg like watched flag, resume timestamp etc makes it more complex

Im guessing u could fool kodi perhaps in the following way
1) sleep ur kodi
2) replicate exact same file structure on ur new nas and copy ur lib there
3) change the ip addy of ur old nas
4) change the ip of ur new nas to wotever ip ur old nas had

3 and 4 require a bit of tweaking ur router. Or u cld just give ur 2 nas a static ip in the nas itself (am no fan myself).

There wld be an easier way if u have defined external url for ur nas and had used that in ur def of file sources in ur kody box. You wld then only have to redirect ur port forwarding
The Trakt addon might be of interest.
You could sync all your watched flags up into your account on Trakt.tv, recreate your library with the new paths on your new NAS, then sync all the watched flags back down.

Or

There is also a way of re-writing all of the file paths directly in the DB:
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Update_Paths_In_MySQL
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
Exporting to separate NFO files should work too. After you get everything moved over you will need to reload your database.

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Backup_the_library

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving media library to new NAS0