Android KODI box that's not dodgy
Friends.

Referring to the blog post here : http://kodi.tv/kodi-available-on-google-...on-amazon/
I'd like to buy an Android box that doesn't piss all over the KODI trademark, not for dodgy plugins but so I can get integrate Google Play purchased movies into my HTPC.

Anyone recommend any? I know there's a few threads in here, and I've found a bazillion of them on Android, but it's more about getting one ethically.

Ta
As you mention Google Play movies, either Nexus Player or nVidia Shield Android TV.

Fire TV remains a good choice for Kodi (especially if you're bought into Prime) despite Amazon having removed Kodi from its app store. Just sideload it and use this tool to add Kodi icon to home screen and more.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Off the top of my head, anything from Google (Nexus Player), Nvidia, Minix, WeTek, Hard Kernel (the ODROID line), Razor, and of course Pivos.

I think boxes directly from Matricom don't have crap pre-installed, but I'm not 100% sure. They still keep using the wrong Kodi logos on their website, and I think they used to pre-install junk, but I think they've said they've changed that.

There's a ton more brands, but it gets more blurry after that, and I've only come across a small number of what's out there.
To add to what Ned stated, you'll be safe with any box that you have to install Kodi yourself. Nexus Player, Nvidia Shield ATV, Razer Forge TV (but I'd stay away from it until they get it fixed), and Kodi can be installed directly from the Play Store for those, then there's the Amazon Fire TV and Stick.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
To all of you, really liking the look of the Nexus Player. Think I may have to invest in this bad boy.

Thanks, didn't even know it existed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android KODI box that's not dodgy0