Best Windows PVR Backend
Well I appear to have achieved it and have Kodi Isengard working with Argus TV and Kodi is properly linked and registers any recordings set up in Argus (I haven't checked if it works vice versa).

One quick question - when I set up a scheduled recording and opt for "Daily" will that just work for a week (as it appears when you check for upcoming recordings) or does it continue in perpetuity until cancelled?
No it goes on in perpetuity...how far ahead it shows you initially is probably to do with how much epg data you're getting from wherever you get it...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Thanks for letting me know. I'll let you know if it doesn't go to plan!
I have a slightly different question. I only record OTA sports game once or twice a week so I am looking for one that's easiest to setup.

Which one takes the least effort to setup for OTA? I can see the sticky from lifehacker for NextPVR but it's still quite lengthy.

Thanks
The good news is that the scheduled daily recording, which showed up as a 5-day event (Monday to Friday) has, now that the first Monday's recording has been completed, extended into the following week. That is, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and the following Monday. So, it does appear to run continuously as hoped and as "bossanova" said it would!

As for "cheerful's" question, from my brief experience of my set up, the Argus TV scheduler appears to be very easy to set up for the kind of scenario you describe.
Just to report. I installed NextPVR and it worked with Kodi nicely on my Windows 10 64-bit box. I have only tried Live TV so far. It took minimal efforts and I followed LifeHacker guide (one of the sticky)

http://lifehacker.com/5981757/how-to-wat...dia-center
I started with dvdviewer. Was easy to setup and seemed reliable..... I think I paid fo the pro version so I could access it from outside it's own viewer (maybe it was possible without and I made a mistake) but I changed to mediaportal (the latest V1 on their webisite) mainly because of the series recording where dvbviewer doesn't allow it.

Keep in mind that even in this case, the skin of kodi needs to support series recording.

Hopefully Kodi supports it locally eventually, so we can use whatever backend.
Just a recap on my testing so far, i have been using MediaPortal Backend and have had no issues whatsoever, so this looks like a winner for mt windows 10 media centres.

My next testing is i run a tv machine currentaly on a mac with bootcamp and windows 8, which works fine on media protal backend..

I would love to get rid of the windows install and just run osx 10.10 with kodi, but the only tuner backend that works on osx is MythTV.

Im going to have a play this week and see where i get to with it, as long as its works like MediaPortal im not fussed about radio or other stuff just watching tv and recording scedules so hope its a winner.

If anyone has any expearance with MythTv on mac or windows please leave feedback

cheers
There's also DvbViewer, it has a beta version for osx (paid users only) and it already has a good add-on for the windows version. I haven't tested it myself yet. Also there's eyetv, got that working with some scripts by an user here years ago, don't know if those got developed any further; back then it worked but many things such as timeshifting and recording didn't. At least there's more than just MythTV although add-on's unknown to me.
(2015-08-18, 12:05)dhallam Wrote: Just a recap on my testing so far, i have been using MediaPortal Backend and have had no issues whatsoever, so this looks like a winner for mt windows 10 media centres.

My next testing is i run a tv machine currentaly on a mac with bootcamp and windows 8, which works fine on media protal backend..

I would love to get rid of the windows install and just run osx 10.10 with kodi, but the only tuner backend that works on osx is MythTV.

Im going to have a play this week and see where i get to with it, as long as its works like MediaPortal im not fussed about radio or other stuff just watching tv and recording scedules so hope its a winner.

If anyone has any expearance with MythTv on mac or windows please leave feedback

cheers

For Mac, I see a client for Eye TV in Video Add-ons and Eye TV works great on my Mac. Have you tried it?
Eye tvlooks good, I'm assuming you have to buy a eye to USB tuner? Wonder if anyone uses this with kodi as before I buy one to try would need to know it does recording and series recording?

But i might get one to test and if not any good for my needs sell it on after testing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Windows PVR Backend0