Audio problems on Win 7 after update from 14.2 to 15
I was happily running 14.2 (Win 7 Home), to a Denon E300 AVR; all was well. Had full audio capabilities (DTS, DTS-HD MA, etc).
So I decided to upgrade to the latest Isengard, 15.0. Update seemed to work, no errors during installation. However, upon starting Kodi, I have audio problems.

What doesn't work:

No GUI sounds (default Confluence skin)
Music - no audio whatsoever. Files appear to play, but there is no sound.
Streaming has no sounds (specifically, I was trying to watch TWiT, something I do often in Kodi)

What does work:

Windows system sounds
Movies in Kodi play fine, no audio problems
TV Shows in Kodi play fine, no audio issues

If I exit back to the OS, I have no audio problems with system sounds, VLC or MPC-HC.

Debug log:
http://pastebin.com/Mjk5QhMU
(I tried playing music, and movies, and TV shows)
Make sure you don't have a joystick or similar game controller plugged in
Press + to increase the volume.

I can see you have pass-through on so the AMP will control audio output from the HDMI on the graphics card for (DTS, DTS-HD MA, etc).
You may just have the volume to low for other non-pass-thru files (music/streams, etc)
What I decided to do was just uninstall 15, including the profile. Then I re-installed 14.2. And everything was back to working. Then I restored a backup from a couple weeks ago (I schedule a backup once a month). Then I re-ran the 15.0 install again. And this time it all Just Worked. I have audio on my music and streaming back.

Not sure what caused it, but it was easy enough to fix, since I have a relatively current backup available.

Thanks. Sorry for the bother.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio problems on Win 7 after update from 14.2 to 150