Premium Channels
Quick question, do premium channels work in kodi? At one point I swear I had HBO working inside kodi. It hasn't for months now. HBO does work in WMC but in kodi it comes through as a black and green always buffering screen.
Thanks.
Kodi will not display channels with DRM protection. In most cases this includes all premium content. However, which channels are marked with DRM seems to be up to the cable operator. I have basic digital and all the HBO channels are DRM as well as the Disney HD channel.
Thanks for the reply, is this something that is semi new? I only say this because I'm pretty sure it WAS working at one point. I have Comcast and my Disney HD channel works just fine, but like you said, it varies from provider. Thanks for the info.
This kind of depends on your setup and provider. For example if you are setup through cable card you are at mercy of what Digital Rights Management flag Comcast puts on the content. This is something they very well could have changed on you at some point with the press of a button, So it is entirely possible that at some point it was working then Comcast changed the DRM setting for the content thus making it unwatchable on your Kodi. This isn't new, However, more and more of the cable providers are being pressed to implement more strict DRM thus making things more difficult on us DVR users.

I personally wonder if DRM issues and support on both the provider and user side isn't a big reason why M$ pulled out of WMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Premium Channels0