Kodi crashes immediately after splash screen
Hello all. I hope somebody can help me with this problem I'm having. Kodi crashes immediately after the splash screen. I've tried removing the Kodi user folder (~/.kodi) and removing and reinstalling Kodi itself but nothing seems to work...

I'm currently on elementary OS 0.3 Freya (x64) based on Ubuntu 14.04 and using the 3.16.0-45-generic kernel. Kodi version is 2:15.0~git20150722.1043-final-0trusty from the xbmc ubuntu ppa (ppa:team-xbmc/ppa).

My laptop has an Intel Core i7 3517U, uses the HM76 Express Chipset, and also has an Nvidia GeForce GT 635M. I've tried switching between the 2 graphics processors (using nvidia-prime) but the result is the same.

Log file: http://pastebin.com/EKExsTrB

Thanks in advance.
it crashes trying to load libcurl. Your OS has probably changed something in this lib, so its not 100% compatible with ubuntu.
Thanks for your reply.

I've had a very busy week and I wasn't able to do much. Anyway, I check the installed version on my system against Ubuntu's and they appear to be the same: libcurl3_7.35.0-1ubuntu2.5_amd64. I downloaded the deb package off launchpad and installed it but to no avail.

Does anyone have any insight?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashes immediately after splash screen0