Lost.. Install Tvheadend?
Hey all,

Recently i upgraded my kodibuntu system, without noticing it was going to update to 15.0 Isenguard. Upgrade went
fine but in the morning i discovered TV was not working.. that's pretty much when id discovered what had happened
after i upgraded (i only ssh'ed in and updated.. never looked at it)

So i tried to get the add-on started again and it would not let me (told me it was incorrect API version) i later found out
that's slang for "out of date" so i tried some other stuff recommended around like:

sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-hts and eventually i got what i believed was the latest version but it just constantly disconnects.
i can't access the WebUI at all (since it never starts).

Log says:
"tvheadend command authenticate failed"

apt-cache search tvheadend

Quote:tvheadend - Tvheadend
tvheadend-dbg - Debug symbols for Tvheadend
xbmc-pvr-tvheadend-hts - XBMC PVR Addon TvHeadend Hts - PVR API:1.9.0
kodi-pvr-tvheadend-hts - transitional dummy package
kodi-pvr-hts - TVHeadEnd PVR for Kodi
kodi-pvr-hts-dbg - debugging symbols for TVHeadEnd PVR for Kodi

Fairly certain this is an incorrect version problem. But I'm completely lost for how exactly you install the latest one.. Help!?
What's the output of apt-cache policy kodi-pvr-hts and apt-cache policy kodi-pvr-tvheadend-hts? You should have 2.1.17 available for both, with probably only one installed (as installing one uninstalled the other - or it did in 2.1.16, anyway).

After that, I'd check your addon settings to make sure it has the right IP address and tvh credentials, and check your tvh web interface to see that they match a suitable access rule. Switch on debugging on both Kodi and tvheadend if necessary, see what they have to say when Kodi tries to connect: the 'authentication failed' message sounds like a config issue to me.
Disregard my last message.. sorted it straight after you mentioned i should have both tvheadends. How would i go about installing the unstable newer one.. or no?
I'm not sure there's much in the way of an unstable PVR addon... github shows that 2.1.17 is current with no later commits: https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/commits/Isengard . To get a later version without waiting for more backports or waiting for J****, I think you'd need to build from https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/commits/master .

If you're talking about updating the tvh backend, though, that's different. See here for pre-built packages: https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend...Repository (or, again, you can build: https://github.com/tvheadend/tvheadend ).

EDIT

Fixed links.
Cheers, yeah was the backend i was talking about sorry. I just figured it must be a different procedure now that there is 2 tvheadends .. ?
Nope, same backend - it was simply a renaming issue on the Kodi addon needed to talk to the backend that caused the confusion.
Sounds like tvheadend is not properly installed. How did you install it?
I had attempted to ONLY install kodi-pvr-hts..

Perhaps it's just me but there did not appear to be any clear instructions i could find on how exactly you get tvheadend installed after upgrading to 15.

Actually just last night iv broken it again somewhere along the way trying to follow This Guide
Iv got Steam working (i never had Steam before but the video card in my server rig is very capable) but somewhere during the sudo apt-get update process in step 1.iv upgraded the
dist and that took me through a tvheadend installation..

Now "TV" wont show up in Kodi.. Although at least this time i have a web interface.. all appears to be working.. i can even watch TV from the web interface (Very handy)
it just does not show in Kodi.. in the process of figuring out where i went wrong.. Feel free to drop a tip if you got any..

Feel free to also slap me upside the head for not leaving things alone. .

Code:
13:12:27 T:139994829739776   DEBUG: PVR - PersistAll - persisting all changes in channel groups
13:12:27 T:139994829739776   DEBUG: CPVRChannelGroup - Persist - persisting channel group 'All channels' with 5 channels
13:12:27 T:139994829739776   ERROR: SQL: Abort due to constraint violation
                                            Query: INSERT INTO channels (iUniqueId, bIsRadio, bIsHidden, bIsUserSetIcon, bIsUserSetName, bIsLocked, sIconPath, sChannelName, bIsVirtual, bEPGEnabled, sEPGScra$
13:12:27 T:139994829739776   ERROR: CommitInsertQueries - failed to execute queries
13:12:27 T:139994829739776   DEBUG: CPVRChannelGroup - Persist - persisting channel group 'ABC' with 2 channels
                                            Query: INSERT INTO channels (iUniqueId, bIsRadio, bIsHidden, bIsUserSetIcon, bIsUserSetName, bIsLocked, sIconPath, sChannelName, bIsVirtual, bEPGEnabled, sEPGScra$
13:12:27 T:139994829739776   ERROR: CommitInsertQueries - failed to execute queries
13:12:27 T:139994829739776   DEBUG: CPVRChannelGroup - Persist - persisting channel group 'Radio' with 5 channels
13:12:27 T:139994829739776   ERROR: PVR - Load - failed to load channel groups
13:12:27 T:139994829739776   ERROR: PVRManager - Process - failed to load PVR data, retrying
13:12:27 T:139994492548864   DEBUG: Thread PVRClient 139994492548864 terminating
13:12:27 T:139994829739776   DEBUG: PVR - Destroy - destroying PVR add-on 'HTS Tvheadend:127.0.0.1:9982 [connected]'
13:12:29 T:139994829739776 DEBUG: Unloading: /pvr.hts.so
Somehow your PVR database seems to have gotten screwed up, clear it from the settings and you should be fine.
(2015-07-31, 07:56)negge Wrote: Somehow your PVR database seems to have gotten screwed up, clear it from the settings and you should be fine.

You bloody legend.. that sorted that problem. Thanks man!

Now all i got left:

Since installing steam + openbox my kodi suspends itself when inactive (though screensaver + power management is disabled in kodi) which is quite
useless to me because my remote wont wake it.. only a keyboard/mouse will and i don't typically have either hooked up.

Iv also installed Roms collection browser but confused about how to point it to emulator.. i want to use retroarch, can't figure out how to set that up
so i tried snes9x and pointed RCB to snes9x.h (it was my best guess that this is the actual emulator) but it wont load games.. they show up.. but when
you launch them my screen goes to a smaller window then back to game browser.

The 2nd one i am doing my best to figure out on my own.. the first one i have no clue where some power management setting might be iv missed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lost.. Install Tvheadend?0