Linux Cannot navigate UI - SOLVED
I'm running Mybuntu 14.04.2 LTS. with Mythtv 0.27.0 on my x86_64 system. My hardware is an old Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard (nForce 4 chipset) with an Opteron 180 CPU and an EVGA GeForce GTX 570 video card. I'm using a wireless keyboard and mouse.

I installed Kodi via this guide: HOW-TO:Install Kodi for Linux.

When I run Kodi, it seems to run fine and goes to the main user interface. However, at that point, I cannot navigate the interface. I've got my MS Generic Remote Control setup for MythTv, so I don't expect that to work for Kodi until I configure them to work together. However, using the keyboard, I can't do much of anything.

From the main menu, "Weather" is highlighted. I would expect to be able to use the right or left arrows to move across the user interface. If I hit the right arrow key on the keyboard, it clicks, but nothing happens. If I hit the left arrow key, the menu jumps left (the word "Weather" moves toward the left edge of the screen). It looks like "Video" is highlighted for just a split second (I can see the bottom of the V in blue, but it happens so quick, I can't read the word), then the menu returns to where it was before with "Weather" highlighted. I can use the up and down arrows to get to the exit button, and from there, I can get to the star (favorites?) button). I can't do anything else besides moving from the two buttons on the bottom of the screen and making the menu jump left.

I've found the following keys work and do something:
"-" and "+" adjust the volume up and down (this applies to those button on the keyboard and keypad)
F9 and F10 also adjust the volume up and down
"e", "h", "j", "k", & "b" causes the UI to fade and come back and I get a message saying, "No PVR client has been started yet....."
"\" makes the Kodi go into a small window and back
"s" brings up the exit menu
Enter takes me into Weather (keyboard and keypad)
End and PgDn do the same thing as the left arrow (see above)

When I exit Kodi via the exit menu, I get:
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Crash report available at /home/tonka/kodi_crashlog-20150729_132912.log

Here is that crash log:
http://xbmclogs.com/pmcme5f04

If other info would be helpful in figuring this out, just let me know and I'll try to provide it. I'm hoping somebody can help me because I really want to try Kodi. It looks nice and seems powerful.

Yippee38
unplug your joystick/xbox controller. After that you should be able to disable joystick support in the kodi settings
That fixed it! Thank you!

Hopefully, this will help others who are having this problem.
Full edit main post and mark as solved. Others will see it, though you could add some more descriptive title.
(2015-07-30, 18:18)uNiversal Wrote: Full edit main post and mark as solved. Others will see it, though you could add some more descriptive title.

Done. Any suggestions on a better title? I thought what I said is pretty much what was the problem.
Perhpas add what peripherals are affected remote control/keyboard maybe.

Anyway enjoy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot navigate UI - SOLVED0