New to Kodi, trying to setup TV Tuner
I've found that many times you have to enable the pvrWMC addon twice before it actually stays enabled. After enabling it back out of addons then go back in and enable it again.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2015-08-01, 17:00)krustyreturns Wrote: Yes it should. Just for a sanity check, go to settings in kodi and make sure live-tv is enabled

Unfortunately according to the log, every one of your channels is being detected as having DRM. By default serverwmc doesn't transfer drm channels to kodi since kodi can't display them (only wmc can). You can override this behavior so that the channels are sent to kodi anyway. It could be that DRM is being detected in error, if thats the case, rebooting you server pc usually clears this up. But if all your channels are really DRM'd only wmc will display them.

Ok, a restart gave me "TV" in the menus! Feel free to call me stupid for not trying to restart the comp myself Smile

However, it doesn't seem as if I can watch anyything, I tried around 10 channels which all load with picture, play for maybe half a second then I typically get grey screen and some annoying noise. When I try to play recorded shows they take forever to load then have the same issue playing or do not load at all. Watching Live TV and recorded shows has never been an issue for me through WMC.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Current Log I just got: http://pastebin.com/65gY4gYt
Yeah, sorry - that sounds like DRM to me. Who is your provider?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2015-08-02, 00:18)krustyreturns Wrote: Yeah, sorry - that sounds like DRM to me. Who is your provider?

TimeWarner

So although it works fine in WMC, something prevents it from working in Kodi? I am not familiar with how DRM effects these things, it's cable I pay for, never thought it would be a problem.
If your cable provider copy protects your channels only wmc will be able to play them (both recording and live-tv). There are some providers that protect everything, most only protect premium channels like hbo. I can't recall it TWC was one of the obnoxious ones or not, but I think it might be. The surest test is, if you can't play a wtv file with anything other than wmc, its drm'd.
(2015-08-03, 03:32)krustyreturns Wrote: If your cable provider copy protects your channels only wmc will be able to play them (both recording and live-tv). There are some providers that protect everything, most only protect premium channels like hbo. I can't recall it TWC was one of the obnoxious ones or not, but I think it might be. The surest test is, if you can't play a wtv file with anything other than wmc, its drm'd.

Thanks for the info. Cable companies complain they are losing business yet decisions like this DRM stuff are why they are doing themselves in, I think this will be the straw that makes me finally cancel cable after being on the fence for years.

Thanks again for all the help trying to walk me through this though.
ServerWMC says it "is a server interface for Windows which communicates with Windows Media Center (WMC) allowing it to be used as a Personal Video Recorder". Doesn't that mean it won't work in Windows 10, which doesn't have WMC?

I'm also totally new to Kodi and finding it very confusing and not user friendly. WMC just set things up, I didn't need to have to choose from a bewildering array of backend addons just to do simple things. I'm only doing it now because if I want to upgrade to Windows 10, I have to use new software to do something as basic as watch tv.
Right, serverwmc needs to be installed with wmc, so it doesn't work in windows 10 since wmc doesn't work in windows 10.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New to Kodi, trying to setup TV Tuner0