MySQL-setup. My-huge.cnf is missing?!
Question 
Hi

I'm trying to follow the guide here:

http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Setting_up_MySQL#tab=Mac_OS_X

I got to the point where I'm supposed to copy my-huge.cnf to etc/my.cnf, but it can't find the file. I'm getting a "cp my-huge.cnf: No such file or directory" error

What's wrong?

As a side note (it might be related - I don't know):

Normally I run kodi from a user profile and not an admin profile. I initially started going through the guide logged in as the regular user, but thought that since it asked for password when using sudo I would be fine by typing the admin password. However it does not accept the admin password when logged in as the regular user. If I change to admin user it works.
You need to enter the user password when asked for it - not the admin password ...

try:

sudo cp /usr/local/mysql/support-files/my-huge.cnf /etc/my.cnf

Does this work? If not then it looks like you didn't install the mysql server properly...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
still not working.

Tried to promote my kodi user to admin, removed mysql as described here (http://bytearrays.com/completely-uninsta...l-mac-osx/) and went through the whole process again - this time logged in as the kodi user with admin rights.

Still it fails to copy the "my-huge.cnf" file and it can't be found anywhere.

Is this a clue? http://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/2...ysql-5-6-8

Then I guess the guide should be updated?
Then instead of doing

sudo cp /usr/local/mysql/support-files/my-huge.cnf /etc/my.cnf

do

sudo cp /usr/share/mysql/my-default.cnf /etc/my.cnf

We can update the guide once you confirm that this works for you then.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi
My huge.cnf is missing as well.
I've replaced with my-default.cnf as suggested which seems to have worked and have gone as far as adding the bind.address instruction.
What do I have to do differently now going forward?
Thanks!
Hi all,

My first time attempting anything like this but i would like to sync all of my libraries and have found MySQL very complicated to setup.

I currently have a SMB server running on a Mac Mini (OSX 10.11.3) and have installed MySQL 5.7.10. Here are the errors i encountered -

Before I could follow the wiki guide, I had to do the following taken from wpguru -

alias mysql=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql
alias mysqladmin=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqladmin
This will work fine until you quit Terminal and start a new session. Aliases are only temporary.

Then I had - ERROR 1820 (HY000): You must reset your password using ALTER USER statement before executing this statement. This was fixed by -
SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_new_password');

And finally following the wiki guide the cnf was missing so i used -
sudo cp /usr/local/mysql/support-files/my-default.cnf /etc/my.cnf

Then the rest of the guide worked!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL-setup. My-huge.cnf is missing?!0