Change the default name of the kodi app.
Hi all,

I have downloaded the source code of the kodi-android. I want to change the default name of the kodi app displayed on the screen.
Could you please tell me which files to edit and build?

Thanks
I'm intrigued. Why would you want to do this?
Indeed...
APK Editor
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai....pro&hl=en

Maybe this apk...
At one point there was just going to be some kind of single file or place where you could modify the name. Not sure if it ever got that clean, but it shouldn't be too hard to do. You have to put forth some effort and learn things. It builds character.
Thanks for the reply.

I want to chane the name of the apk through the source only. I tried to change the name by changing APP_NAME field in version.txt. But after successful compilation, apk size is getting reduced by 10 MB and after installing this apk, appliation is getting closed forcefully.
Finally I want to ask you where all places I have to edit the source to change the name of the app.
Please help me with this.

Thanks
Maybe you could first answer why you want to do this ?
Indeed....
We are going in circle here :-D
True, but answer comes there none.
It will, for sure :-D
We are just twisted minded guys thinking that it's for an unlegitimate purpose when it's just because in OP language Kodi is a bad bad world.
Happens to the greeks with euro currency... it means piss in their language which indeed is not very engaging when exchanging cash.
It doesn't matter why he wants to do this. However, he's not willing to put in the effort of learning, and he just wants to be spoonfed information that no one is going to give him.
For me it does.
grep Kodi * -r
grep kodi * -r

Read the output, understand the output, change the places which are relevant.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change the default name of the kodi app.0