Moviename.jpg doesn't work.
Hello,

I did a quick search on google and on the forums without finding an answer. I'm sorry if this has already been answered.

I've been having issues with posters. After a long time of mucking around, I decided to just uninstall Kodi and start fresh.

I got the latest official build 15.0

My movies have the following setup:
.../Movies/MovieName/MovieName.ext

I use Ember Media Manager to generate:
MovieName.nfo
MovieName.jpg (this is the poster)
MovieName-fanart.jpg

I just reinstalled Kodi, added one folder and Kodi is not using my MovieName.jpg for the poster (it's generating a thumb from a frame of the movie file I think) nor the full info from the nfo (missing the outline and actors).

How can I go about telling Kodi that my posters are all of the MovieName.jpg variety instead of just poster.jpg?

Thanks for all the help
Moviename-poster.jpg should works.
Ok thanks.
Is there a way to configure Kodi (edit a file?) in order for it to use MovieName.jpg?
Ember Media Manager is one of the old managers. I'm a bit unsure if Ember can be made to use MovieName-poster.jpg but I think it can. Best way of handling this that I know of, would be to throw Artwork Downloader into this mix and let it do it's job.
Not that i am aware of.

But if you want to make your life easier (and i realy mean it), you should use the de facto "convention" used by artwork downloader which is:

All the artworks in the movie folder (yeah, on this one not exactly true), but

poster.jpg for, well, the poster

fanart.jpg for the fanart used as a background in the views.

banner.jpg for the wide banner used mostly for tv shows

disc.png for the discart used if the skins supports it for displaying well the cd, dvd, bluray...

landscape.jpg for the image used also by some skins to display a kind of art thumbnail with the logo of the movie

logo.png for the logo of the movie (again must be compatible with your skin)

clearart.png (again must be compatible with your skin) generally a detoured art from the movie with the logo.

You also have 4 thumbnails which should be located in an extrathumbs folder and named thumb1 to 4 .jpg used by some skins to display these images in their info panel.

And of course extrafanarts located in another subfolder named extrafanart. When scraped they got the names of their id (a bunch of numbers), but if scraped by certain external media manager they could be named otherwise. Mediaelch names them fanart1,2,3 and so on. No probleme though.

THeres are other for tv shows too

character.png is a detoured character(s) from the shows mostly displayed on the info screen (must be compatible with the skin you use)

and the seasonX-banner, landscape and so on (check the wiki).

All of these except poster and fanart are not recognized by Kodi out of the box, so you need to use Artwork Downloader addon to populate the Kodi thumbnail database with those.

But AD want you to follow its rules... so better stick with it Big Grin (including poster and fanart ... that was a long shot for arriving to this conclusion Wink )
Thanks for the info.
If Ember is an old media manager, do you have anything better to suggest?
I'm not familiar with the other options.

As for the poster.jpg, I wasn't sure it would work with Plex. After a quick search I think it will.
Ember can use MovieName-poster.jpg, but I would have to rescrap every movie (or is there another way to just "refresh" the asset?)
I was thus looking for a solution that would not require rescrapping every movie, one at a time.

Anyways, I think I'll use poster.jpg or MovieName-poster.jpg.

Thanks for the help, and any suggestions
I personnaly use Mediaelch as i think, for my usage, it is more straightforward and it is the only one which handle musics (not fully, but enough to have the basics stuff).

For rescraping, why would you ? Just rename the poster poster.jpg then use Artwork Downloader with the option to use local file only and disable download for all assets except poster (do this for movies, tvshows and musics) and launch it.
I assume doing so it will "rescrape" only the poster with the new ones (well the renamed ones).
Thanks for the suggestion.
The site seems to be in german(?), but I'll try it out anyway. Maybe there's an english client?

As for the rescrap; I've got nearly 600 movies to rename from MovieName.jpg to poster.jpg. I don't know of a way to automate that process. I figured I'd have to rescrape everything.
There is at the bottom of the site a way to set it up in english (the site), and of course the soft is also in english.
There is a thread here too.

For renaming there are plenty of soft to do it automatically. Just us google and search for bulk rename or mass rename. I use bulk rename utility.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moviename.jpg doesn't work.0