Poll: Should I make this skin helper available to skinners ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, please! Great stuff I want to use
53.85%
Yes, but please look if you integrate with an existing addon like skin toolbox
46.15%
No, I don't see any benefit
0%
Total
13 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

WIP Question to all skinners out here: skin helper service for skinners
Hi all,

As you may know I created a skin helper script/service a while back for my skin to solve all kinds of small things I wanted to fix in my skin and what wasn't available in native Kodi.

I think it has features that other skinners want to take benefit from too but before I go wild creating an universal version, my first question is if you are interested in me doing so ? Another possibiblity would be if I submit the code to an existing skin helper service like extendedinfo, skintoolbox.

Just a little oversight of the features below, some of the features may also exist already in other separate addons but I wanted an all-in-one solution for this instead of having to require 100's of additional addons in my skin.

main features:

- Use skin shortcuts to select widget from the entire library (soon to be fixed natively in skinshortcuts itself)
- Proper color picker which lets the user pick a color and store it in a skin string.
- Enable/Disable skin views dialog
- Forced view option (define a view per type)
- Proper Video library search option with onscreen keyboard to search
- Trailer search : presents a list of all found trailers in a selectbox instead of opening youtube plugin
- Color themes: Let the user create it's own colortheme or select an existing one
- Busy texture selector: dynamically choose a busy animation
- Skin backup/restore and reset function including migrate option to transfer between beta and stable version of a skin (different ID)
- Dynamic content: nextup episodes (might already exist in libraryprovider script)
- Dynamic content: Recommended Movies - some algorithm to present recommended media, option to include inprogress items
- Dynamic content: Recommended Media - presents not only movies but recommendations from the entire audio/video library
- Dynamic content: Similar Movies: Will present the user a list for "Because you watched..."
- Dynamic content: Favourite media: present the list of media items that are added as favourite
- Dynamic content: Favourites: shows the favourites as listitems, to be used in widgets.
- Proper music artwork: background service will locate the music artwork which will be available in some window props. This solves the issue of having to point your textures to the filepath etc.
- Music info labels: Option to show album/artist info on tracks/albums if no info is present for a listitem
- Background-images service: provides a whole bunch of auto rotating backgrounds to be used in the skin, such as recent movies, recent episodes etc. etc.
- Extrafanart locator: will provide proper window props for the extrafanart of a listitem.
- a whole bunch of stuff more that I cannot remember from the top of my head ;-)

The entire service/script is coded with speed in mind so I added caching wherever I could to keep the speed sane and not to load the system with all kinds of the same requests to the system.

While creating the code I tried to keep things as universal as possible so it can be used for other skins later. It wouldn't be too much work to adjust the helperservice to be used in all skins.

My question to you guys is if you're interested in this to be available for your skins ?

If so, I will do my best to get it available within a few days.
Sounds good to me Smile Colopicker is something I'm looking for and should replace my scheme editor not that user friendly. Some great stuffs in this.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2015-08-01, 14:24)Jayz2K Wrote: Sounds good to me Smile Colopicker is something I'm looking for and should replace my scheme editor not that user friendly. Some great stuffs in this.

+1
meanwhile I re-built color picker -> http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2053828
but I will glad to see the other features, Enable/Disable/Force skin views can save me a lot of coding

b.t.w, I voted to the first choise, but I also don't mind if you will imigrate with script.toolbox (even better to use one for all script)
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
+1

Great!

Tgx
First version is available on Git: In search for skinners who are willing to test!

https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...er.service

New forum topic: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=235676

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question to all skinners out here: skin helper service for skinners0