Black screen on all video files
Hi

I'm getting a black screen on all video files. I originally set the new RPI2 up yesterday and it was fine, but wanted to do a clean install. I'm familiar with Openelec as have used it for 3 years, but new to the RPI.

Am using the latest beta as before, GUI works fine but no video files will play (either off my NAS or through streaming add ons)- just a black screen and then nothing.

I have the licenses for VC1 and MPG2 and they worked fine yesterday, but now nothing.

Everything else set up as before. Is this likely to be a software or hardware problem?

Any ideas?
Do you work with the right licences key?
Is the screen black, but the sound is good?

Is it on all videos ?
(2015-08-01, 15:35)Heiko123 Wrote: Do you work with the right licences key?
Is the screen black, but the sound is good?

Is it on all videos ?

hi

I'm testing on the projector so cant answer about the sound (my amp is away for repair). It is all videos though, including ones that worked fine yesterday.
A debug log (wiki) of you playing a video might be useful.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Running 5.93.3. Just rang a long cable to another TV and the same problem.

Only change from yesterday is a fresh install and a change to a FLIRC case.

The TV changes to 24hz and then goes black and it appears that the system crashes on a black screen

No sound or video.

Can I do a debug log if the system is crashing and I have to power down to restart - escaping out doesn't seem to do anything.

I was happily playing 3D MVC on the same setup yesterday, so it really has confused me.
(2015-08-01, 15:47)Nellgrove Wrote: Can I do a debug log if the system is crashing and I have to power down to restart - escaping out doesn't seem to do anything.

Crashing or locking up? If Kodi crashes it should automatically restart.

Once Kodi has restarted (automatically, or after a power cycle) then in ssh run "paste /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.old.log", as this might shed light on what is going on.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi, thanks. I guess locking up would be the correct term - once I play a video the screen goes black and then I can't get out of the black screen.

It says there is an unsupported ffmpeg version detected, which I'm guessing is the problem

Milhouse: Log removed
Don't post logs directly to the forum - use paste sites. I even gave you the command to use.
Sorry, so this instead

http://sprunge.us/jWLf
Thanks (even though it's not a debug log)

No, the ffmpeg warning is normal.

What isn't normal are all the CEC errors, if you're not using CEC I'd suggest you disable CEC in the Kodi Settings (Input Devices).

Also the junk at the end of the log is highly unusual, I've no idea what that's all about.

Other than that the log appears normal - a debug log would have revealed more useful information.
Great thanks, debug log

http://xbmclogs.com/p56ttcdwk
I did a hard reset through openelec earlier to set up from scratch, I'm wondering if that has thrown anything out. Leo's over clock tool seems to think I have a rpi1 as the rpi2 presets are not there. Is there anything in the config.txt file that would make it clear if that's knocked something out?
Did a fresh install through NOOBS and all good with playback now.

The hard reset I did earlier through openelec must have knocked something out that impacts playback.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black screen on all video files0