Not sure if renaming is supposed to work like this...
I have a movie folder with an mkv, nfo, and dat file(perhaps from a resumed download).

I had to "allow multiple movies in a folder" before I could add it. I even unchecked ".dat" in movie extensions. Normal?

I scraped and renamed using defaults.

Renamer questions:
1. The renamer created a new folder correctly renamed, but it was within the original folder. It didn't rename the original folder. Normal? How can I rename the top folder?
2. Is there a way to leave the original nfo unmodified and not renamed while still creating a kodi friendly nfo?
Looks like the renamer won't rename the source folder. I was using a specific movie folder to test TMM as opposed to the parent movie folder containing all my movie folders.

I still have the problem where I right click->rename/cleanup it removes my original nfo file. It only keeps the "movie.nfo" file it created. Yes, I have the "remove all other NFO" box unchecked.
It looks to me, as if you added a single movie folder as datasource?
This is not what its supposed to be - you should add the parent/root folder of all your movies.
Because then happens as you described - we find all movies, and create new folders accordingly...

NFOs are rewritten acording your setup. Only NFOs we don't detect as such, are kept with this switch...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I was giving TMM a trial run by only adding one folder. Renaming works great when moved up one level.

So I have nfo files that I downloaded with my movies(release info, bit rate info, etc) and TMM seems to delete this nfo file. I would prefer it not to and that switch doesn't seem to make a difference. After scraping and renaming, there's just the "movie.nfo" when I would like to have the un-renamed original nfo file still in the folder. Possible?

Thanks.
ok, i think i've got it working Smile
should now detect the correct NFOs, and remove (or not) all the others
will be in 2.7 Smile
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2015-09-10, 21:57)myron Wrote: ok, i think i've got it working Smile
should now detect the correct NFOs, and remove (or not) all the others
will be in 2.7 Smile
Very cool. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not sure if renaming is supposed to work like this...0