why is kodibuntu default set to extend screen and not clone?
Hello,

Just curious about above. Both the installer and when you logout and go to 'desktop' mode, kodibuntu is set for 'extend' mode when multiple outputs are detected. That is, its one huge screen, and the mouse will scroll from one to the other.

I say this, as Im using a laptop with a cracked lcd screen, and when connected via hdmi, it was pretty much impossible to install, as the installer screen was just showing up on the cracked lcd screen, I had to luckily, drag the window from the lcd screen to the tv connected to the hdmi port. If it was clone mode, then install would be a piece of cake! Smile

Same for desktop mode, I wouldnt mind trying wireless and seeing what speeds I get, but once I exit kodi, the desktop goes to extend mode, and theres no way I can see enough to load the connections manager.

Is there a file I can edit so that it goes to clone output mode if I try desktop mode again?

Hope this makes sense, and kodibuntu rocks otherwise. :-)

Thanks
what about changing the the output on your laptop by using the "FN" buttons and switch it to something like "external Monitor only". Normally there should be 3 options...normal view (laptop only), both view (laptop and external monitor simultaneously...that's where you might get the "extended view") and external monitor only (laptop monitor off and external on)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
why is kodibuntu default set to extend screen and not clone?0