Forcing KODI to Front
I installed KODI on a W10 HTCP and set it up to load at startup.

Everything works fine except KODI is not in the front and doesn't respond to the remote control. I have to click with the mouse to bring it to front so it responds to the remote control

Is there a way to force KODI to be in the front?

Thanks,

Eyal
Thanks,

Eyal

Current HTPC
  • MSI Z87-GD65 Mobo
  • Intel Core i5 4440 Haswell CPU
  • 2x Vengeance 8GB DDR3
  • 3x WD RED 2TB SATA3 6GB HD (RAID-Data)
  • 1x Baracuda 1TB SATA3 6GB HD (OS)
  • HX850 850W 80 PLUS GOLD Certified PSU
  • Silverstone LC16 HTPC Case

Give FocusBitch a whirl. Haven't tested it on Win10, but am using it successfully on one of my Win7 HTPC's.
(2015-08-03, 12:18)Mungo Wrote: Give FocusBitch a whirl. Haven't tested it on Win10, but am using it successfully on one of my Win7 HTPC's.

Thanks for the reply Mungo. This utility seem to work fine when i launch it from a folder. But when launching it from the Startup folder it doesn't take the focus. It blinks on the taskbar and KODI is launched but doesn't get the focus

Any other ideas?
Thanks,

Eyal

Current HTPC
  • MSI Z87-GD65 Mobo
  • 2x Vengeance 8GB DDR3

Bummer. The only other thing I've done to clean things up and make it less "computery" when booting up and loading, is to change the windows shell to kodi, so instead of explorer.exe loading on startup, it loads kodi.

I run a domain at home, so I push these settings via GPO, but the registry change / addition to do this is here:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\Shell <-- you may need to create the shell String.

Value: C:\program files (x86)\Kodi\Kodi.exe (or wherever you've got kodi installed, if not default)

*warning: This IS playing around with your computers registry, so please be careful
Thanks for this workaround but I need to find a more solid solution because I need to install this machine for a client.

Question: if you replace the shell on startup to Kodi, can you still load the explorer manually if you need to?
Thanks,

Eyal

Current HTPC
  • MSI Z87-GD65 Mobo
  • 2x Vengeance 8GB DDR3

(2015-08-04, 00:39)bluemanta Wrote: Thanks for this workaround but I need to find a more solid solution because I need to install this machine for a client.

Question: if you replace the shell on startup to Kodi, can you still load the explorer manually if you need to?

Not much more solid than forcing Kodi,and only kodi to load on startup. Unless you've got other GUI related programs set to start on startup, you won't see anything else at all :-) - it's very clean and fast. I should have said though it's not much good though for those using their HTPC for other tasks other than Kodi / HTPC / Remote controlled app's.

And yeah - if you bring up task manager, start new task and punch in explorer.exe, the usual shell will load.

Short of those 2 solutions, I'm outta ideas, as they're the only 2 solutions I use in my setup that work as intended.

Cheers,

Mungo
Try launcher4kodi. It works pretty good in Win 10.
(2015-08-04, 02:27)Mungo Wrote: Not much more solid than forcing Kodi,and only kodi to load on startup. Unless you've got other GUI related programs set to start on startup, you won't see anything else at all :-) - it's very clean and fast. I should have said though it's not much good though for those using their HTPC for other tasks other than Kodi / HTPC / Remote controlled app's.

And yeah - if you bring up task manager, start new task and punch in explorer.exe, the usual shell will load.

Short of those 2 solutions, I'm outta ideas, as they're the only 2 solutions I use in my setup that work as intended.

Cheers,

Mungo

I was asking mostly from maintenance perspective. I have to admit that the more I think about it the more elegant and apealing it looks. It also keeps the user from messing around with the HTPC. I think I'm going to give it a shot.

I assume I can launch regedit from the task launcher if I need to bring back the Explorer as the default shell?
Thanks,

Eyal

Current HTPC
  • MSI Z87-GD65 Mobo
  • 2x Vengeance 8GB DDR3

(2015-08-04, 03:33)baijuxavior Wrote: Try launcher4kodi. It works pretty good in Win 10.

I will give it also a try. Thanks for the info
Thanks,

Eyal

Current HTPC
  • MSI Z87-GD65 Mobo
  • 2x Vengeance 8GB DDR3

I use Startup Delayer which works well with Windows 10:

http://www.r2.com.au/page/products/show/...p-delayer/

I need to run a batch file before Kodi starts up. This will let me do that and then only launch Kodi when the .bat is complete.

The fact that it properly brings Kodi to the foreground with Win 10 is why I started using it, I used to call Kodi via the batch file with Win 7 and that put it in the foreground. Smile

No need to buy the advanced version, the free one is all you need.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forcing KODI to Front0