v15 Kodibuntu DVDs can't play until restart
Yes its not about going through menus to play a disk, that would be silly, its about if you have a disk previously inserted and you happen to be visiting menus for another reason, you see the right icon instead of some default folder image.
(2015-10-24, 06:44)un1versal Wrote: Yes its not about going through menus to play a disk, that would be silly, its about if you have a disk previously inserted and you happen to be visiting menus for another reason, you see the right icon instead of some default folder image.

Ah yeah, I see what you're saying. Has anybody gotten that work? I don't think there's anything intrinsic about the volume that should give away what kind of dvd it is, that would have to be detected by the folder structure I think, in which case it shouldn't be because of how it was mounted. Unless maybe it only runs the detection properly when it's mounted to a certain place. Right now it just seems to think it's some generic volume.
Its not that simple there are many files/functions at play here for proper detection, When I think I found all the code parts I dig somewhere else and find more that I dont understand how it works. The bluray icon is a good example, it compiles but doesn't work even thogh its added proprly thers other things that need adjusting I suspect to make it work, so where other disk types are concerned I imagine similar solution will have to exist for these.
Well what I'm saying is that blu ray disks don't have a specific filesystem to distinguish them - they use UDF just like DVDs, and there's not much that can be determined by the way a volume is mounted besides its filesystem and mount point permissions / location. So what I'm saying is that I don't think the way the BD is being mounted is causing it to fail to display the icon.

Also it would be simple and pretty effective to just check for TS_VIDEO or a BDMV folder on the root of the volume to display the correct icon. I don't think it needs to be as complicated as you say.
If it would be that simple then they all would work, as is none do. Anyway, I dont know enough about any of it do know, so discussing something I dont fully understand doesnt help me at this time. If you do, well, any help would be great.
It doesn't exactly follow that it would work if it was simple. Often things don't work despite being very simple to fix.

I thought about helping but I don't have the time nor the development environment as my boot drive is in the process of being RMAd due to a failure. A dirty and effective fix though would be like I said - check for a BDMV folder on the drive and use the blu ray icon if it's found. I don't see any other options for detecting the type of disk in a drive since you can burn AVCHD or a blu ray iso to a DVD and they all use UDF, so you really just have to check the contents to tell if it's a blu ray or not.

Was there another method of determining the type of disk that's in a drive that you had in mind?
At any rate, do you care to share the udev rule you use so anyone else looking for solutions might find it?
Im not just concerned with the bluray icon but all of them.. But yea, cant do jack there.

Thers 2 major threads with udev rules you can look at that address this issue and you need to go read them anyway
You will need to change the below rule it to suit your hardware.

The rule should go into /etc/udev/rules.d/ named as 95-dvd-automount.rules

Code:
ACTION!="add|change|remove", GOTO="cdrom_end"
SUBSYSTEM=="block", KERNEL=="sr*", ENV{ID_PATH}=="pci-0000:00:0b.0-scsi-1:0:0:0", ATTRS{type}=="5", ATTR{removable}=="1", ATTR{events}=="media_change"
ACTION=="add",KERNEL=="sr*", RUN+="/bin/mkdir -p /media/cd-dvd"
ACTION=="add",KERNEL=="sr*", RUN+="/bin/mount /dev/sr0 /media/cd-dvd"

ACTION=="change",KERNEL=="sr*", RUN+="/bin/mkdir -p /media/cd-dvd"
ACTION=="change",KERNEL=="sr*", RUN+="/bin/mount /dev/sr0 /media/cd-dvd"
ACTION=="change",KERNEL=="sr*", RUN+="/bin/umount /media/cd-dvd"
ACTION=="change",KERNEL=="sr*", RUN+="/bin/rmdir /media/cd-dvd"

ACTION=="remove",KERNEL=="sr*", RUN+="/bin/umount /media/cd-dvd"
ACTION=="remove",KERNEL=="sr*", RUN+="/bin/rmdir /media/cd-dvd"
LABEL="cdrom_end"

Also not sure if kodibuntu eject via remote works, but if does not also look at doing

Code:
sudo wget https://gist.github.com/uNiversaI/9290192/raw -O /etc/udev/rules.d/60-cdrom_id.rules

to review the rule before uploading it to your system just use https://gist.github.com/uNiversaI/9290192/raw
Oh ha-ha I don't need to read it, I've seen them a hundred times and besides, my mounting works fine Tongue It's for other people who find this thread and are wondering where you got your udev rules.

Do you mean that none of the DVD icons work for you? I took a stroll through the code and I have a few ideas for fixes - I gotta get me a new dev environment first though. We can continue this on GitHub.
Yes none of icons work, only the audio cd icon works.

Please dont use XBMC Github for discussion though they wont like it.

There are bug reports here on forums that are OK for discussions see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=156764 about it and trac report is outdated as only the audio cd works http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/13509
I didn't say to discuss on the xbmc repo.
Where did you mean?

Im IRC freenode #kodi #kodi-linux GMT time or you can get me in forums on the above thread whenever you like.
We could discuss on your fork or anywhere suitable on GitHub - I really just hate talking about code on a forum and much prefer GF MD and replying via email. Firefox mobile won't keep me logged in and bbcode is mildly painful.
Its not a fork per say, I use it for feature development and submitting PR's to upstream. There's no issues or discussions there and I dont really want to open it as that opens it for everyone.

The only way to have a discussion there is if you open a PR specifically against https://github.com/un1versal/kodi/tree/icons (I've prepared that tree for it) and then that opens comments etc.

That's the best I can offer you at this time.
Fair enough. I'll fork and play around with it myself then.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodibuntu DVDs can't play until restart0