v15 Video lag/pause on home screen when TV enabled
Upgraded from Kodi 14.2, where I used NextPVR (latest version) as a TV backend. After the upgrade to Kodi 15, everything is still working with no problems in general, AND specifically the "live TV" part of Kodi is working fine. BUT I've noticed that while on the Home screen there is now a (video, not audio) pause every 4 or 5 seconds. If you're navigating the menus (ie, moving left and right), the action will "freeze" for about a second and then everything will catch up. I also notice it because the RSS feed at the bottom, which is typically silky smooth, pauses every 4 or 5 seconds and then continues. I've found after some experimentation that if I disable live TV from the System Settings, I (a) lose "TV" as a menu option on the Home screen Smile and (b) the pause every 4 or 5 seconds stops. So, seems to be related to the live TV part of Kodi, or perhaps specifically the NextPVR plugin in Kodi 15? Does anybody else use Live TV and/or NextPVR and see a similar issue?

Overall though, love the release! The new FF/RW functionality is great!! Thx devs!!
FWIW: Just noticed that it looks like this might be addressed in 15.1, based on some of the descriptions of changes coming in 15.1 here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2063073
Just confirming that I get the same issue. I noticed it started to appear when installed/upgraded my PVR so that I could use it again after my upgrade from 14.2 to 15.

Am using the DVBlink PVR through the kodibuntu kodi-pvr-dvblink package.

Video, Music and LiveTV playback is fine though. Only happens while the homescreen is up or overlayed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video lag/pause on home screen when TV enabled0