Win Kodi no longer starts
hey guys, newbie here, just started up an account

So I was previously running kodi 14.1 on Windows 8.1

Upgraded to windows 10 and suddenly it no longer works. Once I run it it just says "kodi has stopped working" and its done. I'm seeing that nobody else has this issue from skimming the pages so Im kind of left scratching my head. When it starts up it immediately crashes. Anybody know any possible solutions.
I did restore is to the previous version of windows (windows 8.1 god help me) and its working fine now, but I still dont understand what compatibility issues there would be. I dont see anybody else having this problem
What graphics card do you have? AMD have a few problems with their Catalyst Control Panel that seems to be causing people troubles with KODI.

Next time you try your Win10 upgrade come back here and post a KODI debug log. The solution is likely to be in there.

I was surprised as to how smooth my Win10 upgrade went. The only thing I did was to dive off and check nvida.co.uk for newer drivers.
Go back to windows 10, download ANY/ALL latest drivers from vendors. Make sure you update your direct x runtimes. Uninstall kodi (keep your files/settings) and then reinstall (make sure you choose the direct x/ visual c++ runtimes install as well) and all should work. I had the same issue when I first upgraded from 8.1. The ONLY thing that didn't work out of the box for me was Kodi.
(2015-08-02, 19:47)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Go back to windows 10, download ANY/ALL latest drivers from vendors. Make sure you update your direct x runtimes. Uninstall kodi (keep your files/settings) and then reinstall (make sure you choose the direct x/ visual c++ runtimes install as well) and all should work. I had the same issue when I first upgraded from 8.1. The ONLY thing that didn't work out of the box for me was Kodi.

So I went back to windows 10, and I reinstalled it and it worked fine for a while, but then it went back to "kodi has stopped working" again out of the blue.

(2015-08-02, 14:16)BatterPudding Wrote: What graphics card do you have? AMD have a few problems with their Catalyst Control Panel that seems to be causing people troubles with KODI. where do I get driver updates?

Next time you try your Win10 upgrade come back here and post a KODI debug log. The solution is likely to be in there.

I was surprised as to how smooth my Win10 upgrade went. The only thing I did was to dive off and check nvida.co.uk for newer drivers.

I do have an amd graphics, is there a faq on here on how to post a debug log?
follow this: Debug Log
So I figured out the issue. And keep in mind I reinstalled kodi with no addons and everything deleted.

debug log (not even sure I did it right)
http://pastebin.com/jJjd8Nm4

Anyways the issue had something to do with me using SCP driver to connect my PS3 controller to the computer. It ran perfectly when the controller was not plugged in and crashed instantly when plugged in. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it seemed to solve the problem. Just a heads up in case anybody runs into the same issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi no longer starts0