Kodi 15.0 Isengard hangs on exit
Hi all – when I select "Exit" from Kodi's power options menu, it hangs and never closes (at the longest, I've left it alone for 20 minutes). I understand that malfunctioning add-ons are often the cause of this, but (a) I've not installed any add-ons that didn't come with the base installation and (b) I don't see any messages in the debug log that reference such an add-on (that said, I'm not the expert; you are).

Here's all the necessary info; let me know if you need anything else.

Logs

Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/zUqrY4az

OS & Hardware

CPU: AMD A4-3400 APU, Driver 6.1.7600.16385
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6410D, Driver 14.502.1014.1001 (Catalyst 15.6 Beta)
RAM: 4GB
Attached Devices: USB Keyboard, USB Mouse, Samsung Television (via HDMI)

Kodi

Version: 15.0
Git Version: Kodi 15.0 Git:20150721-2f34a0c
Install Method: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/win32/ko...engard.exe
Skin: Confluence

Steps to Reproduce
  1. Completely uninstall (including any registry settings, AppData folder, etc.) previous version of Kodi.
  2. Install Kodi from location above; leave default inclusions.
  3. Launch Kodi.
  4. Select the power options button.
  5. Select "Exit".
Additional Notes

Not certain that the logs accurately reflect this, but when I go to System >> Add-ons >> My add-ons >> All, this is the list I see (again, I've not installed anything beyond what the base install gave me):
  • AAC Encoder
  • Black
  • Confluence
  • Confluence UI Sounds
  • Default webinterface
  • Dim
  • DirextX Spectrum
  • English
  • FLAC Audio Encoder
  • Kodi Add-on Repository
  • Lame MP3 Audio Encoder
  • Local information only
  • MilkDrop
  • Modplug Audio Decoder
  • Nosefart Audio Decoder
  • Sidplay Audio Decoder
  • SPC Audio Decoder
  • The Movie Database
  • The TVDB
  • TheAudioDb.com for Music Videos
  • Universal Album Scraper
  • Universal Artist Scraper
  • Version Check
  • VGM Audio Decoder
  • Vorbis Audio Encoder
  • Vortex
  • Wav Audio Encoder
  • WMA Encoder
  • YM Audio Encoder
Well, I may have figured out my own answer... I'd had the latest AMD Catalyst drivers installed. I went into Device Manager, deleted both "AMD High Definition Audio Device" and "High Definition Audio Device" entries under "Sound, video and game controllers" – then, I went to "Action >> Scan for new hardware changes" and let Windows install what it thought was best. Now, when I click "Exit," the application exits immediately.

Hope that helps someone else!
Hi there

Thank you for posting the fix. I had the same issue as you. Kodi would hang there for close to a full minute before it would shut down. Now it will shut down in 15-20 seconds.

I noticed that you say Kodi closes immediately. When you uninstalled the sound drivers, did you check mark the prompt that followed? I didn't and when I scanned for hardware changes, it repopulated with the same drivers. Is this what happened with you?

Thanks for your help.
(2015-08-03, 05:55)acarrillo0989 Wrote: Hi there

Thank you for posting the fix. I had the same issue as you. Kodi would hang there for close to a full minute before it would shut down. Now it will shut down in 15-20 seconds.

I noticed that you say Kodi closes immediately. When you uninstalled the sound drivers, did you check mark the prompt that followed? I didn't and when I scanned for hardware changes, it repopulated with the same drivers. Is this what happened with you?

Thanks for your help.

Great question; I should have been more specific. With the "AMD High Definition Audio Device" entry, I did check the "Delete the driver software for this device" checkbox. With the "High Definition Audio Device" entry, no such option was available, so I just proceeded.

The hard part of this one for me was that the debug log didn't provide a reason for the hang; is yours any different?
I didn't check the debug log when I did this, but I'll take a look at it when I get home today.

I'm running Kodi 15.0 on a clean installed Windows 10 so I thought this was the reason. Now when I shut Kodi down, it takes around 15 seconds to exit.
I ran my debug log and checked over it when I went to close Kodi and it looks like some of the plugins that I have take a few seconds each to close. When I click exit from Kodi, it still takes 15-20 seconds, but it seems like this is the reason why Kodi is a little slower in shutting down.

It's still not bad. It shuts down a lot faster than it has for me in the past. I'm thinking it's because I clean installed Windows 10 on my PC with Kodi and a few other programs running on my PC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 15.0 Isengard hangs on exit0