Adding a source
Hi all can you help a weary traveler using kodi on t8 everything OK except when I try to add a source ,says no network connection but I can go on internet using box Confused it all works fine on my android tablet
Hi, am new to forum and semi new to Kodi via mbox android box. sherlock22b, I have a variation of your problem. When I go System->File Manager->and click on Add Source, the box to add the source and name it doesn't open. I am trying to add a 3rd party wizard. I know the wizard is nothing to do with you but the Add Source is a vital part of the system and I can't understand why it won't open. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Huh
Wizards and similar crap are not supported here. Go ask wherever you dragged the file up from.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
DarrenHill, whether I'm adding a wizard is irrelevant. The fact remains that clicking on Add Source, which is also used for Addons if I'm not mistaken, is not opening the box to add the address of the source. I would still like some helpful feedback.
(2015-12-21, 18:39)smilee2106 Wrote: DarrenHill, whether I'm adding a wizard is irrelevant. The fact remains that clicking on Add Source, which is also used for Addons if I'm not mistaken, is not opening the box to add the address of the source. I would still like some helpful feedback.
The fact that you're trying to run a wizard is relevant, it most likely means you're running an unsupported build of Kodi, which is where your problem would lie.
my version of kodi came on my mxq mbox; never assume. I've come to kodi tv to get help straight from the source.
The point being we may not be the source. If it's a different build then someone else may well have buggered around with it, and it's far from unknown for that to cause no end of issues.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2015-12-21, 19:00)smilee2106 Wrote: my version of kodi came on my mxq mbox; never assume. I've come to kodi tv to get help straight from the source.

Just because it came on your box, does not mean that it is a supported build. The devs here are constantly being asked questions about bad or custom builds and addons that come pre-installed on boxes. The best way to get your answer is to go back to whoever sold you the box for support.
Ok, how about the version I downloaded, from your website, for windows. Is that supported? This is on my laptop.
(2015-12-21, 19:38)smilee2106 Wrote: Ok, how about the version I downloaded, from your website, for windows. Is that supported?

If you're having a problem with that, post a full debug log so that we can see what's happening.
Can you advise how to do this please? As I mentioned initially, am semi new to Kodi.
Follow the instructions in this link - debug log (wiki).

Using the log uploaded add-on is the simplest way once you've taken it. And don't forget to turn on the debug logging in the settings menu first. Full details are in the link.

To answer your other question, if you got it from the link at the top of the page then it's fine, if it's from somewhere else then all bets are off.

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding a source0