XBMC not using full screen
After the last system update, about a week ago, my XBMC 13.2 will not longer run full screen. It instead leaves about one inch of black at the bottom of my 32" monitor. What is weird, my mouse still appears on that bottom one each as a system mouse, not the Kodi/XBMC mouse.

I have a dual screen setup with independent desktops. I need my mouse to not be trapped, so I have been using wmctrl for years to make this possible. But since the last system update, either wmctrl is broken, or something happened with the Mate desktop. I am not sure. wmctrl was not updated, so that leaves Mate as the culprit. It happens on both monitors too.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Also, it does the same thing with Kodi 14.2, but 14.2 refuses to run on the second monitor.
I am running Fedora 21 64 bit

Here is a link to a screenshot. http://wdtv.com/downloads/sounds/xbmc.jpg
I think I found the problem, but have not been able to fix it. I have been able to reduce it however. It is most certainly related the the Mate desktop update.

On my top screen, I have two Mate panels; one at the top of the screen with the menus, and the other at the bottom of the screen for my virtual window selector. By deleting the bottom bar, i reduced the black area at the bottom of XBMC by half. By moving the top Mate Panel to the right side, I now have the black area on the left side of XBMC.

I guess this is a problem I should report to Red Hat Fedora as it does not appear to be XBMC related....however, XBMC is the only program that I run that exhibits this behaviour. I have tested wmctrl on several other programs (firefox, Konsole, Mate-terminal) and they all work perfectly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not using full screen0