Win (Solved)W10 23.976 Played as 24P
I got sync playback to display enabled, passthrough enabled, and adjust refresh rate.

Problem is i get 24.000 and some noticeable judders sometimes.

I tried disabling adjust refresh rate (59P but reported as 60p in kodi settings), it's better but not perfect.

Anyone having the same issues?
24p is the correct mode for a television. Any judder would be caused by the processing of your TV in this mode and/or the low framerate (24 frames per second). Playback will never be smooth as butter at 24p.
(2015-08-03, 00:47)Warner306 Wrote: 24p is the correct mode for a television. Any judder would be caused by the processing of your TV in this mode and/or the low framerate (24 frames per second). Playback will never be smooth as butter at 24p.
23P mode is 23.976, however Kodi ignores this?

Is it better to run 24Hz with Motion plus (interpolated frames) or 3:2 pulldown with disabled motion plus?

3:2 is smoother, but unbalanced, i can feel sometimes small judder.

It's not "always" judder, it's random judder or stutter, more similar to tearing as if a frame is dropped, and it happens more frequently at 24P.
Bumping
Sounds like a similar problem I had with windows 8 http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=215396

I never did find a fix and went with openelec in the end.
(2015-08-03, 20:49)rob77 Wrote: Sounds like a similar problem I had with windows 8 http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=215396

I never did find a fix and went with openelec in the end.

Do you use a reciever? I have Yamaha RX-1040.

What i noticed when checking settings is that it has 24P mode, 50P and 60P.

I tried playing back 24P with "sync playback to display" disabled and i noticed that the sound would go quicker than the video slowly. (As if the video is 23.976 but audio at 24.000).

My TV reports 59P as "60P" and 23.976 as "24P" from the PC.

I believe my reciever isn't compatible with 23.976, or it's the new OS as said.

Sync playback to display seems to fix the issue, but there's still some random "judder" here and there, there's no frame drops seen when clicking "O".

I haven't tested without Passthrough audio or with audio only (ARC), but i still don't believe it's the problem, it feels like it's the OS.
I do have a reciever yes but can't remember if I was using it at the time I had windows 8 installed. I downgraded back to windows 7 before installing openelec and could playback both 24.000 and 23.976 content without judder so it was the OS at fault in my case.
(2015-08-03, 23:33)rob77 Wrote: I do have a reciever yes but can't remember if I was using it at the time I had windows 8 installed. I downgraded back to windows 7 before installing openelec and could playback both 24.000 and 23.976 content without judder so it was the OS at fault in my case.

Can you describe your judder? could you see framedrops every minute by pressing "O"?
The bug is related with h264 decoding, this problem doesn't appear on VC-1 videos.

Whenever this random "tear" happens it's on h.264 decoding with sync playback to display enabled.

the vq jumps from 88% to 99% back and forth.

I have a i3-4360 which should be enough.

I enabled dxva2 hardware decoding + DXVA-HD instead of pixel shader and it's now permanently on 99%.

DXVA-HD/DXVA improves it compared to pixel shader but not by much, hardware acceleration only seems to fix it.

All my videos are also MKV Rips made with MakeMKV, though MakeMKV works fine on other players?
Anyone who can help? I tried nearly everything, the only things remaining is either running without reciever or changing Intel color settings or making a custom resolution (23.976).

Is there also an way to turn off the debugging overlay when watching a movie, i rather enjoy the movie and analyze information after.
Problem solved, the problem was with Intel HD quantisation range.

My TV would output 16-235 but get fed incorrectly thus banding would appear randomly (color intensive scenes), aka random tearing as if vsync is off.

I reinstalled drivers and the issue seems to be gone.

This issue could been fixed if i just changed tv black levels to 0-255, but this would make normal television bugged then instead.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(Solved)W10 23.976 Played as 24P0