Extra Custom Playlists
Hi

I love this skin and have been using it since xbmc 10. I now find myself needing (wanting) more than 5 custom playlists available on my home screen. Does anyone know how I can go about achieving this? I appreciate it will probably mean messing about with the code. Even if the extra playlists don't appear in the "customise home menu" page and need to be edited manually if I wish to do so later, thats fine.

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

P.S. I'm using Kodi 15 on Windows 10 in case that makes any difference
Never mind, I worked it out.
Any chance you could share how you did it?
Of course

I made amendments to two files in %APPDATA%\Kodi\addons\skin.neon\720p
Namely,
Includes_Home_Horizontal.xml
SkinSettings.xml

i found the sections that showed the playlists/favourites options and changed the favourites ones to match the form of the playlists ones.

I can send you the files if you like (much easier for you to see/use) - just PM me an email address
Hey Dave,

could you please send me your files to [email adress deleted]?
I can't send you a PM ...

Would be great, thanks.
- Michael

Edit: Thanks man!
Sent

I sent you two emails, one with a pair of files to offer 8 playlists and two favourites, one to offer 10 playlists but 0 favourites

I would be happy to attach the files to a post here for others to use but can't see any way to do that (maybe I'm just being blind)
pastebin, github, all of which are perfectly fine to sumbit changes or code samples.
We do not encourage sharing of this stuff via PM because it is completely unusable for other people, and we do not allow attaching of files to the forum because of obvious storage issues.
OK, for anyone who wants them....

To change to 10 playlists (with 0 favourites)

SkinSettings.xml

To change to 8 playlists (with 2 favourites)

SkinSettings.xml

These files need to be put in the %APPDATA%\Kodi\addons\skin.neon\720p folder, replacing the existing ones but please back up your original files in case I have made a mistake (I'm still a novice at this) or in case you want to revert back.

With both of these, only the first 5 playlists have the option to Automatically play. It wasn't something I use with mine so I didn't bother adding it to the extra ones.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extra Custom Playlists1