Android adbShield: Companion software for Kodi & Android TV
(2016-01-09, 20:53)joanne777 Wrote: I am unable to turn debugging because it is not there the adb server is running. i have it install on a MacBook Pro.

On your Shield, adb debugging is under Settings->Developer Options.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
i cannot find it in the setting there is no developer options
(2016-01-09, 22:04)joanne777 Wrote: i cannot find it in the setting there is no developer options

I forgot they are hidden. You have to click Settings->About->Build" seven times before Android TV unhides them.
Thank you so much for your help.I did what you suggested but where do i go now to enable usb debugging
ok i found it i was able to put the usb debugging on . try to connect to the adbshield and i still cannot connect
(2016-01-10, 00:49)joanne777 Wrote: Thank you so much for your help.I did what you suggested but where do i go now to enable usb debugging

After pressing "build" six or seven times you should have gotten a message telling you that you were now a developer. After that, developer options is available in settings.

Here's a look at my settings screen:

https://youtu.be/mcjPWio_iRM
(2016-01-10, 01:07)joanne777 Wrote: ok i found it i was able to put the usb debugging on . try to connect to the adbshield and i still cannot connect

Did you set up a record for your device?

If you're connected via USB you should see the device serial number in the connected devices listbox. If you don't, unplug the Shield's usb cable from your computer then plug it back in, then press the "Refresh ADB" button. You may have to do this a few times.

A popup dialog on the Shield may ask you to authorize the computer connection. Check remember the connection as well.

Once you see the device serial number, double-click it to set up a record for the device.
ok thank you for your patience it now work , it's a little more complicated then the adbfire lol.
(2016-01-10, 01:55)joanne777 Wrote: ok thank you for your patience it now work , it's a little more complicated then the adbfire lol.

I'm glad you sorted it out. Hopefully this thread can help others.
adbFire is now compatible with the Nvidia Shield and most other devices running Android Kodi. Please visit the adbFire thread and give adbFire a try. 1.8 million downloads and counting!
closed as requested by OP

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
adbShield: Companion software for Kodi & Android TV1