Upgrade strategy - Kodi 14.2 to 15.0, with MySQL
I have 3 Windows 7 Pro installations of Kodi in my home, all working fine with a MySQL 5.5 database on the Win 7 Pro file server. I'd like to try 15.0, but not sure how best to manage the database upgrade. I don't mean the actual process of upgrading, I'm not worried about that... But it would be ideal to upgrade one of the less-important PC's, like the guest room or master bedroom, for testing, and leave the main living room home theater alone until last.

So...My main question is... Will the upgrade process allow the current MySQL 14.2 database to continue to be used as is by the main HTPC, while at the same time creating the new 15.0 database necessary for access by one of the upgraded minor HTPC's? Or does the existing database become unusable?

I've searched, and read the Wiki, but didn't find anything that addresses this particular question. If I missed it, please point the way.
In the upgrade process the existing database will be copied and the copy updated leaving the original untouched and fully functional. So yes you can update one and still use the others. Note that the new database is repaired during the update to Isengard which may take some time, if Kodi seems unresponsive after the first start just give it time to update/repair. I have a large collection and the repair took over 10 minutes to complete.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Thank you! I'll give it a try then... after a backup, of course. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrade strategy - Kodi 14.2 to 15.0, with MySQL0