v15 picon confusion in TVH addon
I have had massive confusion going on for some time now with channel picons from TVH being displayed incorrectly in Kodi PVR. I recently devoted some time to trying to clean it up and determined that there are bugs that require some assistance.

Environment:
TVH 4.0.5-12
TVH Addon 2.1.17 (? not looking at it right now but definitely new version ending in .17)
Kodi 15.0

Scenario:
* Picons for all channels set up in /home/hts/picons and TVH General configuration pointing to them with url file:///home/hts/picons.
* Kodi PVR linked to TVH and working
* Channel icons for most channels appear correct, but some channels have wrong icon displayed.
* Played around with picons, recreating some, without success

Most Recent Testing:
* Moved all picons out of picons folder
* Removed picons url in TVH General config
* Cleared PVR database (General AND EPG)
* Rebooted
* Confirmed NO channel icons displayed in TVH or Kodi
* Restored three picon files
* Restored picon url in TVH General config
* Confirmed picons displayed correctly in TVH web ui - three channels with correct icons, no icons for other channels
* Cleared PVR database (General AND EPG) in Kodi
* Rebooted
* Found one of three affected channels to have correct icon, other two channels had and incorrect icon (not found in picons folder)
* Also found several other, unaffected channels to have incorrect icons displayed (some from picons folder, some not)

There seems to be problem with image caching in Kodi PVR that is somehow linked to receipt of icon information from TVH.

Any suggestions would be appreciated
-- Steve

"I just wanted a media center, not a hobby!"

HW: CPU - Intel Core i3-4130T, RAM - 4GB, Storage: 640GB, TV Tuner - HDHomeRun Connect x3
SW: OS - LibreELEC, Media Center - Kodi 18.5, Skin - Amber, PVR - TVHeadend
I guess what I am really asking for is actions I can take to make Kodi forget the cached icons.
-- Steve

HW: CPU - Intel Core i3-4130T, RAM - 4GB, Storage: 640GB, TV Tuner - HDHomeRun Connect x3
Had issues with getting rid of picons in the TVH backend too. Using Kodi 14.2 with the "old" Adam Sutton hts frontend version on a Win 8.1 system many picons were messed up. Created a ticket here: https://tvheadend.org/issues/3015
No response either.

However, I reverted my backend from 4.0.5 to 4.1.211 in the meantime and am running fernetmenta's & fritsch's EDL OpenElec test build with the shipped TVH frontend and standard Confluence skin from a separate HD. With this combination the picons seem to be mapped correctly now. So the backend administration issues notwithstanding, there might be issues on the client side too. But with all those changes in my setup I have no idea what eventually fixed it.

Edit: Just checked the Frontend TVH version in the OpenElec build: It is "Tvheadend HTSP Client" version: 2.1.16. Probably what you have too. Strange...
Try disabling image cache in tvheadend and then reset the kodi pvr database.
Already done.

I did revert TVH to the stable repository the other day and now the excess icons have disappeared. The 3 expected channels still have the same incorrect and correct icons as before.

Maybe more of a backend problem than frontend.
-- Steve

Hmh, I just updated my 14.2 Win 8.1 system to afedchin's 15.1 DX11 build and have been comparing it to the EDL OpenElec build mentioned above. Both systems are on different HDDs, running on the very same NUC. Same 2.1.16 TVH frontend on both systems. Same TVH backend on my NAS.

In OE the picons are correct and look fine.
On the Win 8.1. system the picons are still messed up, despite the upgrade, same TVH frontend and backend versions.

Came back here to check what OS you are running but your signature says Kodibuntu. Yikes! :-)
Oh, fun.

TVH->Configuration->General has a "Clean image (icon) cache" button. Pushed it. Reset Kodi pvr database.

This fixed the two (of three) icons that were wrong, and replaced the one that was correct with an incorrect one.

Yikes indeed!
-- Steve

Thanks, Steve. That did the trick!
Got them working!

Found in /home/hts/.hts/tvheadend/imagecache that I had ./meta and ./metax folders containing uri information for the picon files. The Clean image cache button in TVH Config caused the ./meta folder to be removed. Then clearing the Kodi pvr db and going back to the channels list reloaded icons from TVH which recreated and repopulated the ./meta folder (even though imagecaching was turned off). This resulted in the partial fix described above.

None of this affected the ./metax folder. I was not certain that I had not created ./metax myself as a backup during some forgotten experiment, so I renamed it to hide it from TVH. Resetting the Kodi pvr again then resulted in 3 out of 3 correct icons. I then moved all my picon files back into the proper location and reset Kodi pvr again, which got me a fully corrected set of icons.

Yay me.

If anything turns sour from here I will update.
-- Steve

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
picon confusion in TVH addon0