Blank android Boxes
Hiya Guys, Does anyone have any idea where I can buy an android box that ISNT preloaded?

No Kodi/Xbmc. All I’m after is an box loaded with android software to allow me to use apps etc, that I can put Kodi on to myself at a later date if I want too.

Any help would be appreciated. I’ve tried eBay but all can find is preloaded boxes.

Thanks Thompa
Why worry if they are pre-loaded? Just uninstall everything you don't want.
amazon fire tv (amazon), minix boxes (minix website), wetek boxes, nexus player, nvidea shield?

Don't buy anything pre-loaded! If you go for android buy decent hardware and good support like the examples above. If you buy pre-loaded shit you end up paying a fee to the seller (which is violating kodi's trademark) plus it is in most cases shitty hardware.
Buy something like the MXIII-G, IMO.

Lollipop
2GB memory
Quad core cpu, octocore gpu
S812 chipset (8-bit HEVC 4k support)
2.4ghz/5gz
gigabit lan port
Comes with remote
Under $80

Im sure openelec will be available for it soon. Ive got a couple openelec builds to boot on it that were not meant for it, but a couple things did not work. Or you can just use android.
Go to Amazon or Ebay and search for CX-S806, or type in S812 and see what you find. I have a CX-S806 with an Amlogic S802 processor that works nicely, but believe most now sold as CX-S806 have the S812 processor, so a step up. Isengard runs fine on mine with all three hardware decoders enabled, though the 14.X versions of KODI did not get past the initial install phase, possibly a permissions issue.

If you're slightly more adventurous and capable of a bit of assembly work, like screwing a board into a case, there is a gentleman on here, WRXTASY, that is a big proponent of ODROID-C1 based units who has had great support for firmware updates from ODROID to get as much out of an AMLogic based player as possible. See his thread stickied at the top of the forum which lists working AMlogic based units for other models to lust and search for...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=229161
i erased kodi from my box, is there a way to get it back. kodi don't show up anymore at turn on. thabnk you
(2015-08-05, 16:21)enen92 Wrote: amazon fire tv (amazon), minix boxes (minix website), wetek boxes, nexus player, nvidea shield?

Don't buy anything pre-loaded! If you go for android buy decent hardware and good support like the examples above. If you buy pre-loaded shit you end up paying a fee to the seller (which is violating kodi's trademark) plus it is in most cases shitty hardware.

This really makes me laugh....Minix webshop, so Kodi promotes full loaded boxes with piracy content?

Take a look at the website of Minix > takea look at the suppliers > Take a look at Smart import Solutions > take a look at there webshop and info about HardwareGuru > see all the addons

Minix is a sponsor of Kodi> so Kodi is sponsored by a company who is promoting piracy?
(2016-10-19, 17:15)misa Wrote:
(2015-08-05, 16:21)enen92 Wrote: amazon fire tv (amazon), minix boxes (minix website), wetek boxes, nexus player, nvidea shield?

This really makes me laugh....Minix webshop, so Kodi promotes full loaded boxes with piracy content?

Take a look at the website of Minix > takea look at the suppliers > Take a look at Smart import Solutions > take a look at there webshop and info about HardwareGuru > see all the addons

Minix is a sponsor of Kodi> so Kodi is sponsored by a company who is promoting piracy?
What? HuhHuhHuh
I think you already answered it yourself, Kodi is sponsored by a company whose (one of) resellers supplied a sub-reseller with boxes who is promoting piracy Rolleyes
(2016-10-19, 17:38)melhemk Wrote:
(2016-10-19, 17:15)misa Wrote:

Take a look at the website of Minix > take a look at the suppliers > Take a look at Smart import Solutions > take a look at there webshop and info about HardwareGuru > see all the addons?

What? HuhHuhHuh
I think you already answered it yourself, Kodi is sponsored by a company whose (one of) resellers supplied a sub-reseller with boxes who is promoting piracy Rolleyes

Not only official resellers, even developers of Minix software, HardwareGuru is developer of Minix software is selling it, so my point is, Kodi is related to Minix who's developer is promoting piracy addons

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blank android Boxes0