Partial Lock on Mythtv cause kodi to freeze
Running kodi nightly builds, ubuntu 14.04, mythtv 0.27 backend, ceton infinitv 6 tuner. If mythtv gets a partial channel lock from kodi, kodi freezes. No crash log is generated. I checked this by running mythtv frontend on the requested channel after kodi froze. The result was always a partial channel lock.
Does kodi really freeze or is it in a timeout period?

A good channel change takes 1-2 seconds normally on my system (DVB-S/S2). Don/t know about the your ceton.

The pvr.mythtv addon for Kodi has a channel change timeout (default 5 seconds) per mythtv backend tuner (real or virtual) and will try all possible tuners if a channel change fails for any reason (including partial lock), so if you have 10 tuners in the mythtv backend, the timeout will be around 50 seconds before kodi will respond.

I get such a "freeze" if I try changing to a channel which is off air e.g. part time channel, but everything works normally after the timeout period

Mike
What do you mean by "partial channel lock" ?
with Isengard , switching channel i have some times kodi lock. This issue didn't exist before with Helix. I suspect a last minute change in gui or osd before Isengard release, because i haven't this issue before 15.0 is out.
@janbar

"partial lock" shown by mythfrontend on my systems (UK DVB-S/T) is usually a transient condition (generally lasting less than 1 second if full signal lock is achieved) when the mythbackend changes channel.

I get "partial lock" "permanently" under any of the following :

no input to the tuner (can also show as no lock)
channel is off air
channel is encrypted

Mike
Thanks @MikeB2013 for explanation. Therefore kodi (addon) should wait signal for the specified delay "tuning delay" from the addon settings. The default value is 5 secondes per encoder: if you have 6 tuners , addon could try on all available encoder, so 6 x 5 sec = 30 sec. Or more if you have more than 1 encoder per tuner.
I could also add a setting to set the max number of encoder to try before exit. It could help if you have defined lot of encoder. Let me know.
If I try to tune a channel with the CCI flag set upon starting kodi (the first thing I do) it times out in 40 sec. If I tune a channel I can get first and then tune a channel with the CCI flag set it takes 90 sec to time out. When you say encoder do you mean something like compressing the audio-video stream to something like x264. I don't do that.
(2015-08-09, 00:05)abrombo Wrote: If I try to tune a channel with the CCI flag set upon starting kodi (the first thing I do) it times out in 40 sec. If I tune a channel I can get first and then tune a channel with the CCI flag set it takes 90 sec to time out. When you say encoder do you mean something like compressing the audio-video stream to something like x264. I don't do that.

A bit of confusion here in this context, encoder is just a internal mythtv term for a tuner.

As I said before don't know about your ceton tuner - I am in UK.

Does everything work correctly if you use mythtv frontend?

If your setup is using defaults, the values of 40 and 90 secs do not make sense to me.

Going to need a full kodi debug log. Please make sure in pvr.mythtv addon Advanced tab that "Include more debug information in the log file" is selected and post the debug log to xbmclogs.com or some other paste site, not directly on this forum.

Mike
Thanks Mike for the translation Wink . Next time i will use "virtual tuner" instead

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Partial Lock on Mythtv cause kodi to freeze0