OS X NFS Set-Up Questions and Tips
If retaining your library is the goal, why not export it, add your NFS shares properly without substitutions as the sources and let Kodi import your library? I'm going to refer you to the MySQL wiki again, specifically this page: http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Setting_up_Kodi
It sounds like you need to ignore the MySQL specific bits of the set up process, but that page should guild you through everything else. Be sure to enter the stuff in advancedsettings.xml in between the <videolibrary> & </videolibrary> to preserve all your watched statuses which are included in the export.

You don't lose anything in the process of exporting, killing your current library, adding sources/shares, and importing. The only bitch of it is setting your DVD ordered TV shows to DVD order again (if you have any, that is) and even that doesn't take much.
Thanks, I'll look into that. Maybe before or while I do, you could give me an idea about how well my library could be preserved in my situation: I have generally added movies and tv shows on a show-by-show or movie-by-movie basis. A good number of them are not easily scapable, so they contain .nfo files (manually added of course). A lot of background art and posters, etc., point to fairly random locations in my file system. Media is distributed over at least 4 different volumes.
Hi everyone, I have just updated my macbook pro to El Capitan and I again have some problems with the NFS shares. I had the same problem in the previous OSX version. I run OSMC on a Raspberry PI 2. So what I have done so far:

1) Installed the NFS Manager on the macbook
2) Added the -N line in the PLIST (I have also confirmed that the-N is actually added)

In OSMC I have found the macbook and I can also see the two shared folders that I have but nothing happens when I try to enter one of the folders. Note that I also have an Apple TV2 with Kodi that works perfect and can access the folders.

Settings in NFS Manager:

- alldirs -maproot=0:0

Allow clients to also mount objects in the shared folder
Don't map users
System standard only
Allow access from any network and computer

In the advanced options I have choosed "Allow mounting the folder or any subfolders inside".

I think that it might have something to do that the Apple TV running Kodi uses the ROOT as user... and the OSMC used the osmc as userHuh

What should I try?

Thank you for the help!!

//V
I wrote up a OSX NOOBS - NFS Setup Guide a while back:

OSX NFS NOOBS Guide HERE

(2015-10-18, 12:57)killdabob Wrote: If retaining your library is the goal, why not export it, add your NFS shares properly without substitutions as the sources and let Kodi import your library? [...] You don't lose anything in the process of exporting, killing your current library, adding sources/shares, and importing. The only bitch of it is setting your DVD ordered TV shows to DVD order again (if you have any, that is) and even that doesn't take much.
OK, I went ahead and did that. Before upgrading to Helix and importing, I edited the videodb.xml file on my Mac and globally changed paths from afp: to nfs:. Results weren't too bad, but still it will take hours to fix what didn't go right:

• As I suspected, there were a lot of movies for which images were "lost". I had to manually re-assign fan art and posters, etc. Generally, these were for movies with manual .nfo files. However that wasn't completely consistent. Some that met that criterion were fine. Others that didn't also lost images.

• more oddly, there were a lot more that "lost" the ability to "get info" on them. Images were fine, and the ones I tested played fine. Just couldn't get info. Had to remove these from library. Currently in the process of re-adding them.

All in all, though, it was a decent way to make a clean-ish migration. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS Set-Up Questions and Tips0