PVR Live-TV Record what i want for how long i want
Hi!

I would like to know how do i record Live-TV "manualy", the old school VCR way.
Press record button and record what is beeing broadcasted/watched now , and DO NOT STOP untill i press stop or record button again to stop the recording.
Something like stop recording when user says STOP or disc space is full, not when the damn EPG thinks the show has ended.
At sport events which are sometimes longer / sometimes shorter depending on how play develops it is really frustrating to loose the last few min or even more cause
EPG think it has ended, allthough it is still on.

Pressing record button agian does not work but throws error msg. with Channel/Show/Recording ID not found , and HTSP client reconnects.

Can anyone help me with this ?
Thanks
mad 77
Yes, it is really frustrating to loose the last few min.

It is a matter of the backend. You mention "HTSP client" so you are using Tvheadend.

You can configure Tvheadend "Extra Time Before Recordings (minutes)" and "Extra Time After Recordings (minutes)" in the web gui under Configuration --> Recording.

You can add up to 4 hours before and after a recording. This will more or less give you the DO NOT STOP behaviour.

DO NOT STOP is only good if you are there to hit the stop button. I prefer to have the possibility of unattended recordings.

What IMO really should be used in the backend to resolve this is "accurate recording".

Accurate recording is possible from the "Running Status" signal broadcast with DVB. The "Running Status" sent by the public boradcasters in Switzerland and Germany is accurate to a few seconds, even when a sports event takes much longer than orginally scheduled.

In a set of scripts I am using this to get "accurate recordings". It is just a matter of constantly monitoring the "Running Status" and to start or stop recording when the signal changes status.
Thnx for response.
But it does not solve the problem.
It is a god tip with extra pre/post recording but has nothing to do with I WANT TO RECORD NOW AND STOP WHEN I SAY, VCR behavioure.

I am in Austria and EPG is more than inaccurate , also on news and scheduled TV shows.
That is not the issue , if i want unnatented recording i will use EPG and "Add Timer" + your tipp on pre/post recording.
But what if i simply want to press RECORD and watch the broadcast, and stop when i want ?

It should be really simple / intuitive /self-explaining, just as it was on VCR. Sad

And wich Backend/frontend i use shall play no roole at all in this. Once DVB-T is set up and i can watch it , i expect that RECORD button just does what it says , record until i press stop. Nothing else.

Why is it so complicated when it is the simplest thing on the world?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Live-TV Record what i want for how long i want0