File video thumbnail/preview ?
I also have Kodi on my Windows 7, and in kodi there is a thumbnail/preview of the file I am selecting as seen on this screenshot here (Showed with a RED ARROW):

But how do I get this to work on my Raspberry Pi 2, running OSMC on it, with Kodi 15.1-RC1

Hope anyone can help me with that Smile
Surround : Samsung 5.1, Screen : 125 Inch Electric Elite Screens, Projector: Optoma HD131Xe 3D
I think that "Extract thumbnail and video information" is disabled on RPi by default for performance reasons, atleast it is in OpenELEC on RPi.
You can enable it, http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Videos#File_lists
I dont thing that the thing, because I tried that after you wrote it, and did not seems to work Sad

I also tried to disable those settings on the windows, but there is still a preview on the movie there.
Surround : Samsung 5.1, Screen : 125 Inch Electric Elite Screens, Projector: Optoma HD131Xe 3D
The image won't go away if the thumbnail was already generated. Not sure why it isn't working on the Pi, though.
Okay what file to I have to delete to get it to work ? Smile

And do it work with SMB Share?

And should FFMPEG also being installed on the pi to do that?
I thought you wanted the thumbnail - once you enable the option @nikstra mentioned, the thumbnail should be extracted from the video file (although on the RPi/RPi2, you may need to briefly play the video file before the thumbnail is extracted).

If you want to remove the thumbnails from your Windows client there are somewhat complicated ways to do that, but the easiest way would be to disable the "Extract thumbnails" option in Settings, then remove/re-scrape all episodes that have the thumbnails you want removed. Obviously you might think this excessive, and not worth doing.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File video thumbnail/preview ?0