please read,... how the "fudge" do i remove 12.2 from my ipad??
Hi all,

I eventually managed to get 14.2 to install on my jbroken ipad2 on ios 6.0.1. But it wasn't easy..... First I tried the simple way, with IFile,... followed the instructions, it copied over my old user data folder as it saw that i had 12.2 installed,... and ifile gave me a code of "0" to say that all was well.

But and here's the best one,... cydia could see that 14.2 was installed, i was also offered the update to 15.0.... but no icons at all to run 14.2.

When i ran xbmc, i assumed it would run and update to 14.2 but all it did was reset my 12.2 to first installed state with "Touched" screen.

So I thought "well, i've got a full backup" so i'll just update to 15.0 through cydia... this time i got an icon,.... so then I used the ifile method again to downgrade to 14.2,... perfect it worked, all except for 1 error "script failed universal an addons toolkit".

I have already used IFile to delete my old xbmc userdata folder... but I still have the xbmc icon there on screen and I can still run it.

No point in holding down the icon till it starts to shake, as there is no "x" to press to delete it.

So could someone please tell me what i need to do to delete xbmc 12.2, preferably using ifile please.

many thanks chaps for your help and guidance....

sadsack....

---------------------------

A Quick update....

I went to Private/var/stash/_.LQTRAS and deleted the xbmc folder from there....... (only reason is because I noticed from an old xbmc.log that's where xbmc was being pulled from to run.

at least it now doesn't run, But the bloody icon is still there..... LOL..... how can i get rid of the icon please chaps.....

oooohhhh GGoooddddd can my life get any worse..... I realised that i could remove the icon pack through cydia, so i tried this...... now all i have is this error every time i run cydia.....

"The Package org.xbmc.xbmc-ios needs to be reinstalled but i can't find an archive for it"

and when i click "return to cydia" it's like there is nothing there..... all of my sources are there.... but they are all empty..... the main cydia page also loads okay.

can anyone please help someone in distress......

-------------------------------------

If you want to be in a world of pain....... just uninstall .xbmc iconpack....... this is what I thought would remove the old xbmc icon..... but oh no....... I've just raped the net searching for an answer..... plenty of people with the "needs to be reinstalled but i can't find an archive for it" but none had anything to do with xbmc.

so as a last ditched resort i tried to reinstall 12.2 (yes, frodo) using the ifile method..... but this time i noticed within the red letters of the error code, that it mentioned the reason it cannot be re-installed was due to an icon pack being missing.

so I decided to go to http://mirrors.kodi.tv/apt/ios/deb/org.x...os-arm.deb using safari and using ifile I re-installed the icon pack and it went on with an error code of 0. Assuming this meant it was okay.

I re-ran cydia and it is back to normal.......

but I would still like to know how the hell one is supposed to get rid of the old xbmc icon,..... I'm now assuming that the iconpack has nothing to do whatsoever with the xbmc/kodi icon one see's on the ipad/iphone. ---- Would the old xbmc icon possibly have anything to do with one of the files held within var/lib/dpkg/info

I gathered that the icon pack has nothing to do with kodi/helix either, as that icon did not disappear.
Use cydelete... Or upgrade your iPad to 8.4 jailbreak it and start from scratch...
Cheers for that mate....... but i have specific reason's to stick with ios 6...... the same reason's i have an ipad 3 on ios 7.1.2 and an ipad air on 8.3. each have there own particular benefits.

I do remember asking Ned once before and it sounded so simple to do...... but for some unknown reason xbmc 12.2 was not listed within cydia...... and I honestly cannot remember how i got it on there unless i did it with Nito Installer from an iphone,.... which is the only thing that makes sense.
iFile should have a symlink in the root directory to non-app store applications

/Applications/

In there you should be able to delete any manual application you have installed. You should see an "xbmc.app" in there.
ssh into the pad and issue

apt-get remove org.xbmc.xbmc-ios
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
If you're using Windows use Putty and issue the command in the previous post
Or you can just install a terminal client from Cydia and use the iPad ;)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
please read,... how the "fudge" do i remove 12.2 from my ipad??0