Having issues connecting to my RPI 2 from IE, or Filezilla
Back with another issue that keeps coming up. Every now and then, I can't connect to the RPI 2 either from Explorer or Filezilla, I'll have to reboot the Pi, and then reboot the router and Modem and then I can connect again. anyone know what is causing this issue, it's a PITA having to keep doing this.
At such times, can you connect via the IP address?

I'm occasionally seeing something like this where my Pi2 doesn't appear under the network tab in Windows Explorer (it's Samba shares) and if I try to use it's name (\\KodiPi) it can't be found, but if I use it's static IP address (\\192.168.0.x) then it appears immediately and is fully accessible as normal.

I'd put it down to my router having a funny five minutes (my NAS box does something similar, although using \\NAS always works, no IP address version needed). But it could be similar to your scenario in theory...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Nope, I can't connect even entering the IP addy, I have to physically reboot the router, Modem and RPI 2 to get it to connect again. From what I'm reading it seems to be an issue with the RPI 2 loosing wireless connection.
My Pi2 is wired, so likely something different then.

Is your Pi2 on a static IP address or a DHCP-provided one from the router? It sounds more like a router issue in your case to me. You should be able to check though by looking on your router's dashboard page at it's client list and seeing if the Pi2 is still on there or not.

Maybe also next time it happens just try rebooting your router only, then see if you can get your Pi2 to reconnect to it again by re-searching for it on wifi?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I have the PI set to Static, and I have tries Just rebooting the PI, that didn't work, then I tried just rebooting the router, that didn't work, then I do all 3 and it works.

Someone told me to try to unplug the wireless adapter and then plug it back in and see if that helps, so i"ll try that next time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Having issues connecting to my RPI 2 from IE, or Filezilla0