Linux Viewing hidden files/folders in file manager
A quick and simple question - is there any way to view/access a hidden folder in the file manager under a linux-based system (e.g. on a Pi)?

I tried it on my Pi2 last night (needed to get rid of a package zip file under /.kodi/addons/packages) and couldn't see a way to access the .kodi hidden folder. I ended up doing the job via SMB, but I was wondering if there was a setting or something anywhere to allow hidden folders to be viewed?

On my Windows install of Kodi the Windows hidden folders just appear as normal folders and are fully accessible (which may in itself arguably be a bug) so there is a difference in how Kodi handles local hidden folders between OS versions anyway so it seems?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Under Settings|Appearance|Filelists there is a place to render hidden files visible.

I suspect the difference in Windows is that Windows doesn't have a concept of hidden files (but does support non-showing of extentions or sustem files)
Derek
Thanks - got it. Would perhaps be an idea for a tick-box or suchlike on the file manager screen to also be able to switch that, but I guess that's maybe a skin point rather than a Kodi one (I use Amber on the Pi). Will maybe make the suggestion there.

Agreed on the difference between the Windows and Linux workings for hidden files, just thought I'd mention it in passing as this little glitch illustrated it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Viewing hidden files/folders in file manager0