Strange behavior for closed captions
System: Ubuntu 14.04, Kodi nightly builds, Mythtv 0.27, Ceton Infinitv 6

Problem: On some programs the closed captions behave strangely. A line of the closed caption is displayed one character at a time and the line is center justified so that it is displayed from the centre outwards. Additionally, the current line of the closed caption remains on the screen until someone speaks again. Thus there is always some line of closed captioning on the screen even if there is no speech for a long period of time.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Nightly builds are intented for testing. Some features could be broken due to unclosed changes.
I went to nightly because if this and other behaviour in the stable distribution. When I started using closed captions it was not in the stable distribution.
Probably your "closed captions" are downloaded and are not provided by the addon (included in mpeg stream). So the issue is not in the addon.
Else using nightly build you will have lot of issue using record scheduling because we haven't yet close the changes. It is at your risk. Please let me know about, it could help.
Is there anyway to tell if this is the case (downloaded and not in mpeg stream). Should I go back to kodi 15.0 (isengard) since it does have the closed captions I need (when I started using nightly builds they were version 15.0 not the current 16.0).
Using Win7 x64 here. Since it's in Jarvis 16.0 Final build and no Team Kodi has commented yet,
created a new bug ticket "Closed Captions are center justified"
http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16641
Founder, Producer at Techspin. Setup: i3-12100 PRO B660-A 8GB DDR4 | Kodi version updated, not sure
| Sony STR-AN1000 7.2 1155W 8K Atmos AVR | Samsung 65" 4K | Optoma HD26 3D + 100" screen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange behavior for closed captions0