how do I: re-add movie that was removed from library?
I accidentally removed a movie from the library. I would like to bring it back but I cannot figure out how.

I have checked the hard drive, the movie is still there but does not show up in KODI.

I have searched the Internet, nothing suggested has worked.

I have rescanned for content.
I have Update Library.

I found a 4 year thread where people gave suggestions but it was obvious they didn't try them first.

So I ask here... has anyone removed an entry from the library using the context menu, realized they made a mistake, and figured out how to bring it back? Remember that the file was not deleted (I verified that it is still there), it simply does not show up in the listing.

It must be stored somewhere inside a kodi config file. Am I going to need to ssh in and hand craft an XML file or can this be done via a menu somewhere?
Go into files mode and press <info > while the file is highlighted.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I tried that. Yes the movie appears under Files. However, hitting <I> is the same as the context menu, Information. Nothing there (Play, Cast, Refresh, Select Artwork) will cause it to be re-added to the Library. It still does not show up in the Library under "Movies" or "TV Shows"

Can I assume that you have successfully used <I> under Files to re-add an asset back into the Library? (Note that I did hint that I wanted people to 'try it' before they made a suggestion - not trying to be difficult but...)

Example:

If you had 10 Movies appearing in the Library under "Movies" and you Remove From Library one of them, you now have 9 movies listed. All 10 are there if you manually go to files and navigate to the spot on the hard drive.

How do you get it to list all 10 again under Movies without blowing away the config and starting over?
What I suggested works for me. Are you hiding watched or something?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I apologize in advance if I am being stupid here...

On my home screen of KODI, I see [Pictures], [Videos], [Movies], [TV Shows], [Music], [System]

If I go into [Movies] and select 1 movie, bring up the menu, select "Manage" and then "Remove from Library".
The movie no longer shows up in the listing. However, we both know it is still on the hard drive.

I get what you are saying to a point....
I go into [Videos], select "Files", navigate to the correct spot on the hard drive, I then select the menu and Huh?? This is where it falls apart for me. Selecting "Information" does display the information ok but it does not "add to library".

Going back to the home screen and select [Movies] will still not list it.

When you select "Information", what next? What are you hitting that causing it to be re-added to the library?

Are you saying that you have selected the menu option "Manage...", then "Remove from Library" and then successfully re-added so it appears in the [Movies] listing? (Note: I am not asking for it to appears under "Files")
ah ha! something odd here.....

I was using an Android box running the latest KODI.

I just loaded Windows KODI and tried your suggestion. It works under Windows! Not under Android.

Are you testing under Windows or Android?
Neither. Openelec.
Just updating the library should re add the removed movie. Well it is how i do it at least.
Both ways will work...and Kodi should not behave different in this case...either you run it under android, windows, linux or whatever...

@mbramwel: If you are at the movie information (after pressing "i") then look if there is an option called "update" or anything. Please be aware, that all this is for the default skin "Confluence". If you are using a different skin, please switch back to Confluence to be sure, the skin isn't the culprit.
Smile 
updating the library was not bringing it back. I was running KODI 14 and updated to 15 last week.

I removed the library completely by removing the sources and cleaning.
I re-added the sources and rescanned to recreate the library
I removed 1 movie.
I rescanned/update library and it came back.

It is obvious that something was wrong with the library DB. Probably something did not cleanly update from 14.x

Now I can remove and re-add with ease. Nod
(2015-08-09, 18:54)mbramwel Wrote: updating the library was not bringing it back. I was running KODI 14 and updated to 15 last week.

I removed the library completely by removing the sources and cleaning.
I re-added the sources and rescanned to recreate the library
I removed 1 movie.
I rescanned/update library and it came back.

It is obvious that something was wrong with the library DB. Probably something did not cleanly update from 14.x

Now I can remove and re-add with ease. Nod

Hello, I've the same issue, do someone know how to fix it? The only work around that i found is rename a little bit the file; for example adding a "space" is enough to fool kodi and make it look like a new file never uploaded.

Kind regards
Luigi

P. S.
I'm using kodi 18 on an Android TV Box.
The second post in this thread has the answer.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how do I: re-add movie that was removed from library?0