Win Newbie - cannot locate NextPVR add-on
Hello,

Since I'm thinking about installing Windows 10 in the future (no WMC), I am considering moving over from Windows Media Center (8.1) to Kodi, and am having issues setting up the LIVE TV.

I have installed latest Kodi (15.0).
I have installed latest NextPVR (3.4.8).
I cannot find the NextPVR Client Addon in Kodi
When I navigate to System/Settings/TV/General and click Enabled, I get a "No PVR add-ons could be found" message and the option is not enabled.
When I navigate to System/Settings/Add-ons, I see "My add-ons", "Install from repository", "Install from zip file", "Search" and "System". I cannot find the "Enabled Add-ons" and "Disabled Add-ons" menus mentioned in numerous posts. I cannot find the NextPVR add-on so that I can install/enable it.

What am I missing?

Thanks, Troy
They're included with the build by default, so you don't typically have to install them. Instead you'd just need to enable them.

Look in System->Settings->Addons->PVR Clients
sub3,

I do not have menu System/Settings/Add-ons/PVR Clients on my clean (initial first-time) install. When I navigate to System/Settings/Add-ons, I see "My add-ons", "Install from repository", "Install from zip file", "Search" and "System". I cannot find menu "PVR Clients".

What am I missing?

Thanks, Troy
(2015-08-10, 13:31)bigironcross Wrote: sub3,

I do not have menu System/Settings/Add-ons/PVR Clients on my clean (initial first-time) install. When I navigate to System/Settings/Add-ons, I see "My add-ons", "Install from repository", "Install from zip file", "Search" and "System". I cannot find menu "PVR Clients".

What am I missing?

Thanks, Troy
Sorry, I don't know then. I've got it on mine. The PVR addons have been pre-installed on every version of Kodi/XBMC in the last few years.
Well, menu System/Settings/Add-ons/PVR Clients didn't exist on my clean (initial first-time) install on Windows 8.1. So, I just re-ran the installer again and now it exists.

FYI, Troy
(2015-08-10, 23:40)bigironcross Wrote: So, I just re-ran the installer again and now it exists.
Great. Not sure why it'd have been different that previous attempt.
settings level likely the cuplrit
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
I'm having this exact problem but I was upgrading from 13.1 with a working nextpvr setup. When the upgrade to 15.1 was done I had no pvr. When I navigated to System/Settings/Add-ons, I see "My add-ons", "Install from repository", "Install from zip file", "Search" and "System". I cannot find menu "PVR Clients". I uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times, rebooted after the last uninstall reinstalled still no menu for enabled/disable addons or pvr clients.So tell me what "settings level" is if that's the likely culprit?
Thanks
Settings level: expert, advance, etc.

Your Pvr addons are in 'my addons'
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
I see no PVR clients on the My addons or on any other addons. Where can I download them to install them to Kodi? I am using Kodi 15.2 (Oct 19 2015) installed a few days ago. Obviously I would rather not spend many hours reinstalling Kodi and all the add ons that I have installed over the past days.
Thanks in advance.
When you install 15.2 in windows there are a series of checkboxes - skins, pvr addons, directx install etc. Re-install 15.2 over the top of your existing one making sure the pvr checkbox (or individual pvr add-ons, I only install the one I use) is checked. See if that solves the problem.
Thanks, trogggy. i will try that asap ;^)
That worked. thanks again, trogggy.

unfortunately, now that I have enabled the PVR capability, kodi hung and now it hangs every time I start it.
Kodi just sits there taking no cpu and constant 52mb of memory (per task mgr) and does nothing showing the blue-bubble background.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie - cannot locate NextPVR add-on0