[SOLVED] AirPlay with iOS 8.4
Hello,
on my previous iphone AirPlay worked like a charm. Since I've updated to iOS 8.4 airplay is no longer an option when I play anything. So is it just me, or do I have to be patient and wait for an update?

Thanks a lot
Please try to explain what exactly you try to do. Which apps are invovled. From where to what do you want to airplay?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hello,

I've been trying to play music from my iphone to kodi via airplay. But I googled some more today and I have found out that this issue is not in kodi, but in ios8.4. You need to reset network settings in order to get airplay working.

But thank you for your quick response anyway!
OK, my joy was premature. The reset network settings fixed the airplay issue in ios8.4, but only for appleTV (this I have in office). But at home I still cannt see airplay icon in control center of my iphone.

I am using iphone6 with latest ios 8.4. Kodi remote works just fine. Strange is I can see my raspberry with kodi in itunes, so airplay is working from my computer but not from mobile device.

Thank you in advance
This might be a wifi/lan seperation issue (where wifi devices are not allowed to see devices which are connected to ethernet) maybe - or some network component in your network is blocking multicast traffic which would result in similar behavior. At least audio from the music app should definitly work on all ios devices instantly.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I have an upc technicolor modem, but I hadn't make any changes to the setup. My previous iphone4 with ios 7.x worked fine. But I will have a look at the wifi settings, looks like a promising lead.

Thank you
As said - between ios7 and ios8 the only thing that might be tricky is video airplay - music will work instantly as soon as the network does not block anything thats needed.
My primary goal is to play music via airplay, so video doesnt really concern me. But the airplay icon just doesnt show. I'll check the router to see what might be wrong there.
give the exact product name of your modem please - there are some dutch posts in other forums about technicolor modems and airplay. They suggest to turn off something that is called "WMM" in the advanced wifi settings or something like that.
The modem is Technicolor TC 7200

I really appreciate your help!
As said - try to disable wmm in the advanced wifi settings in that router (that router is sadly totally crap btw...)
I wil give it a try and post the result. Once again thank you so much!
Memphiz you are magnificent human being! Disabling the WMM option indeed solved the issue Smile

My thanks are eternal Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] AirPlay with iOS 8.40