extra video plugin?
Hello all! I have a problem. I have many kodi boxes around the house and everything is working 100% - BUT I am very interrested in making food and have over 300 videos of different types of food being made.

So What I need is an extra video plugin, but that does not use library just show a list f the filenames and a thumbnail, but it must be accessible from the main screen. Does anyone know if something like this exists? Smile

I know I can go via files in videos but Id like to have it accessible easily from main screen!

jansverre
Why not add a shortcut to the main screen? Many (most) skins allow customizing the home screen to include any kind of shortcut you like.
Because I would have to navigate to my foodie videoes.. Id like to just get the food videos not browse my whole media library Smile
The shortcut would go directly to the food videos, though.
hmmm allright. Thanks I'll play around with it and see if Im happy! Big Grin
ned.. how exactly would I make the shortcut go directly to the food? I only get the standard video as a menu.. and I can't seem to google to find any info on how to do this... hehe
You need to use another skin, as the default skin Confluence doesn't have custom home options.
Im using aeon nox and aeon shednox mod on livingroom htpc cant figure it out on any of those skins eighter and I guess it should be possible with nox? Smile
For Nox, go to System/Appearance/Skin/Skin Settings.

Then go to Customizers/Main menu item customizer (background,widgets)

Select one of the "Custom" buttons, then untick Disable. Select "Chose Type" and if the videos you want to add are in a folder by themselves select "Video Folder". Navigate to where your files are located, then select OK.

Select "Change label" then name the button what you want it to be called (eg: Food Videos), then exit back out until your back in the main menu and you should see the new item for your videos.

If you want to separate it even further, you can separate your videos into new folders within that folder and then do the same thing for "Set Submenu", then you can have a submenu where you could go straight to videos for a specific ethnicity, for example, videos for just Italian dishes.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
extra video plugin?0