My first config' (custom build)
I'm a Xtreamer Ultra 1 user and I want to upgrade my configuration to an HTPC case with a 3.5" HDD enclosure/rack.

I though about moving to an Asus VivoPC or even a Xtreamer prodigy 4k.
But both won't evolve easily... (the Asus seems expensive for the specs and the prodigy 4k 's a failure / a mess with shipments)...
(Do you agree ?)

Then I came up thinking about a custom build (for an HTPC that would be as small as possible, evolutive, as good as my current openelec's powered Xtreamer Ultra 1 with place enough to host a 3.5" hard drive)

Here is the hardware I selected:

63,96 € ASRock H81M-ITX
36,51 € Intel Celeron G1840
25,31 € Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB DDR3
17,18 € Akasa AK-CC7118HP01 K25
62,94 € Chieftec Mini ITX Case FI-01B-U3
12,18 € 2 x Sharkoon Silent Eagle 1000 Fan

Total 218,08 €

What do you think of it ? Would it fit all together ... ?
I am missing something ?
Is there something useless ?

I saw on some threads that the built in psu of the case is making quite some noise... does anyone have experienced it with that case ?
Do you know some good cases that would fit my configuration for less than 80€ and for a form factor lower to 30 cm x 30 cm x 10 cm ??

Thanks in advance !
Also, I'd like to add content, from time to time, to the internal HDD (without having to remove it).
I know that I can plug a usb key on my motherboard then transfer data to the HDD or even connect using Gigabit lan from my laptop to the HTPC but that's not what I'm looking for....

I would like some kind of "usb slave" connection (a usb port which would mount the htpc internal HDD to my laptop as an external drive.
Would it be possible ? (I've been doing it with my previous Xtreamer prodigy, but I don't know if this is something common / standard... ?)
I had a look at the case and I think the two sharkoon won't fit it by the way...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My first config' (custom build)0