Kodi15 => No sound with wasapi on DTS & AC3 without passtrough
Hi All,

First, thank you for your work on this Soft.
I use xbmx/Kodi since 2009, and i love it, it's the best of the best for me... The cream !

But, recently I installed kodi15, and met some problems with dts & ac3 audio: No Sound with WASAPI

Passtrough is not activated on my setup, because my receiver (2.0) is unable to do this task.
So Kodi must decode theses audio channels.

I tried all possibilities, Nothing to do.....
For precision, my "sound card" is an Audio-GD NFB28 connected with USB.
(HD audio preamp and decoder)
No problem on HDMI Output, no problem with internal sound card.
And i'm Under a clean install of Windows 10.

I tried with Kodi15.1.... Same issue: No Sound with Wasapi on my audio-GD
The only way to make this working had to reinstall Kodi 14.2 => It works perfectly.

Hope an update for next release! BlushBlush

Thank Bybye ! (And sorry for my poor English!)
I tried with an other computer... Same problem :\
I believe this is a windows problem, they are working on a fix.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...022&auth=1

i think this problem may be related to spdif, i don't know if this pertains to you but none of the options work correctly for me either. I am using spdif to a 5.1 dolby digital receiver.
Maybe? Wait and see... So in waiting, i use my hdmi output and go out with my optical TV spdif to send audio to my receiver.. Works but not perfect!
But i think my problem is different because with the previously kodi version it works perfectly Wink
Use directsound if your pc is doing the decode for audio, the output will be PCM.
Wasapi is for bitstreaming, which you've stated the receiver does not support.
Wasapi is not "passtrough". My receiver supports wasapi but don't supports dts ac3 etc... I've only have to desactivate " passtrough" and it's done. I don't want to use the windows directsound.. I repeat with kodi 14 it works perfectly with wasapi.
Can you do a debug_log (wiki) for both Kodi 14 and 15 to see if any difference is reported as I'm not aware of any changes that would have changed behaviour.
Oh and when you say you've used Kodi 14 with no problems, this was also on the same Windows 10 install?
Hi jjd,

Yep the 2 tests (14.2, 15) were done on Windows 10.
I tried with an another computer (Windows 10 too) same problem => Ok with 14,2, NOK with 15.

Ok for log files, i will produce it (For Audio component?)

Thank you Smile
Yep and of course playing something the exact file in both Kodi 14 and 15 that causes an issue in Kodi 15.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi15 => No sound with wasapi on DTS & AC3 without passtrough0