• 38(current)
Python and MythTV (a MythTV Front-End)
hi, i just recently found this project and am trying to get the script to work on my xbox but am having some trouble. i am using a xbmc build from 7-11-05 with the python zlib installed and i downloaded the xbmcmythtv scripts from cvs. whenever i try and excute the script by using the mythtvmain.py it quickly says (running) and then nothing happens. i noticed that it does seem to create a few .pyo files but nothing will run. i have only actually gotten one script to work, the gamespot one but it locked up my box. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
well i think i figured out the problem. i'm pretty sure it's a problem since i didnt set a valid dns server in my network settings. i changed my network setting for the xbox to dhcp and then all of the other scripts started working fine, silly me. i'm hoping that the myth scripts will work now once i finish updating xbmc and put the scripts back on.
(henk @ july 07 2005,08:23 Wrote:recorded shows and xbmcmythtv hangs the whole console if i go over a record which contains a description that has more than, i guess, 256 characters. i've had this problem for a long time, but forgot to mention it here. workaround is to delete the description in mysql directly... :nuts:
someone else reported this in the forums on sourceforge. is this still happening in the latest version of xbmcmythtv from cvs? i made some code changes to substring the description text before displaying in xbmc and i was hoping it fixed the problem. if not, then i need to try something else...

fyi, i am auto-monitoring the sourceforge help forums so am more likely to respond if people post in that forum as opposed to this one. the benefit is that the help forums can have individual topics for problems people are having. it should make it easier to find answers than reading through the (now) 38+ pages of this thread.
(madtw @ july 14 2005,05:15 Wrote:someone else reported this in the forums on sourceforge. is this still happening in the latest version of xbmcmythtv from cvs? i made some code changes to substring the description text before displaying in xbmc and i was hoping it fixed the problem. if not, then i need to try something else...

fyi, i am auto-monitoring the sourceforge help forums so am more likely to respond if people post in that forum as opposed to this one. the benefit is that the help forums can have individual topics for problems people are having. it should make it easier to find answers than reading through the (now) 38+ pages of this thread.
Quote:someone else reported this in the forums on sourceforge. is this still happening in the latest version of xbmcmythtv from cvs?

it was also me Wink

anyway, applied the last changes from cvs and that fixed indeed the problems.

i didn't had the time to upgrade mythtv to 18.1 so i also didn't upgrade xbmcmythtv. most things work now, only "recording schedules" gives an error, but that is because this mythtv 18.20050409-1 i guess. try to upgrade soon anyway.

thanks,
henk
yeah, so i think i have the thumbnails, but still no luck. oh, i'm running .18 should i just switch cards?
hi all,
i updated cvs last weekend, noted no changes since. this project is really moving along nicely. getting very close to the full featured goal now. i've noted couple of bugs in the program guide that i haven't been able to work around.
firstly after entering the programe guide, if you select a program that has already been flagged for recording via the mythfrontend, the screen goes black and you can't exit.
secondly, if i attempt to save a recording schedule, no matter what the choices are i get that same error "column programid can not be null"
i've updated my tv_grab_au
running an 18.1 backend on debian unstable.
the xbox mythtv is used by my wife & kids every day for about 3-4 hours. it is getting more and more stable, more stable than the backend in fact.
let me know if you'd like some debug log excerpts.
ciao 4 now
luigi
ok.looked again. seems like i can definetly look at thumbnails. however, i cannot play videos. period. i'm starting to think i should just get a different capture card. what is everyone using and getting the frontend to work? is there a way to modify the mythtranscode script to make them avi files?
is there a commercial skip function with the xbox user interface?

thanks
i recommend we all move to the sourceforge forums
this kind of ruins the point of having a media center i know, but the other myth tv distrobution is way too big. it would be nice if xbmc had a tiny little myth tv frontend... you know what? i might just look into it myself :lol: . cheers.
please use the search function next time

mythtv frontend has been written in python for xbmc.
it includes live tv playback, recording playback, recording schedualing and tv guide

http://xbmcmythtv.sf.net/

thanks, but upon searching the words "myth", "linux" and of course "myth tv" no results came up. being a moderator from one of wraggsters sites i know better then anyone how much everyone needs to use search.

also the link you provided directs me to an empty sf page.
appears their homepage has no content Rolleyes
try http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmcmythtv

regarding the search,
you likely didnt set the search time period (last box at the bottom) or didnt select 'all forums' in the forum selection box
indeed you are correct that i didnt search all sections.
anyways thanks for the link.
the xbmcmythtv frontend doesnt seem to get much development, if you have the skills you might like to enhance it with things like filters for recorded shows. ie show all futurama episodes.
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python and MythTV (a MythTV Front-End)0