Ember (1.4 Beta) scrapes perfectly but certain Movies not showing up in Kodi/XMB
Hi,

I need some help Sad

so I'm using EMM 1.4.x Beta to scrape my movies and a Minix X6 (with their custom XMBC).
This works great, ember finds nearly all movies by itself even with obscure names "Inherent.Vice.2014.1080p.BluRay.x264-...".

However they don't all show up in Kodi/XMBC.

I've tried deleting/readding sources (selected "yes" to remove all items from the database, selected local NFO only) but to no avail. I also tried some renaming - no luck.
More than half of my movies show up, but a lot don't.

What gets me is that ember has no problem, but somehow kodi chooses to display "Gone.Girl.2014.1080p.BluRay.x264-.." but not "Inherent.Vice.2014.1080p.BluRay.x264-..."

Is there something I'm missing here ?
Any help would be great.
Difficult to say what the problem might be.

Please try that:
  • Remove all sources in Kodi and clean the library (Settings -> Video -> Clean Database)
  • Move/copy one movie to an new folder like d:\test source\Inherent.Vice.2014.1080p.BluRay.x264-...
  • Enable debug log in Kodi (Settings -> System -> Debugging -> Enable Debug Logging)
  • Add the test source (d:\test source) and let Kodi scan the folder
  • Check if Kodi has found the movie
  • Check and upload the Kodi log file to pastebins.com
  • Paste the pastebins link here
thanks for the quick reply !

okay, I will do that today.
When someone have those problem I always suspect a permission problem.
Is there a pattern for the missing ones?
So I did everything DanCooper said (+ deleted the mymoveixx.db files) and unfortunately kodi did not find the movie!

This is the pastebin http://pastebin.com/aLbM2jTH

EDIT:

I did it again, since I forgot to restart kodi - pastebin: http://pastebin.com/Af5Jkmx2

I can see that kodi does not find the NFO file. don't know why... it's just there
(2015-08-11, 17:13)T-bird_se Wrote: When someone have those problem I always suspect a permission problem.
Is there a pattern for the missing ones?

Nice idea. There is no pattern I can detect.

Most of the files have "777" linux permission. I had a look at some that had only 655, but changeing them to 777 (recursively) did not change anything
oooooh I found it !

The .nfo's EMM generates are all lowercase - since this seems to be the default for the archive files!

However, the .mkv file in the archive has uppercase letters and KODI seems to be case-sensitive !

e.g:
Inherent.Vice.2014.1080p.BluRay.x264-SPARKS.mkv
to
inherent.vice.2014.1080p.bluray.x264-sparks.nfo
(2015-08-11, 20:08)ult_avatar Wrote: oooooh I found it !

The .nfo's EMM generates are all lowercase - since this seems to be the default for the archive files!

However, the .mkv file in the archive has uppercase letters and KODI seems to be case-sensitive !

e.g:
to

Ok, that's strange. Ember use always the file name of movie file to create the NFOs and images. That should always be the same.
(2015-08-11, 21:44)DanCooper Wrote:

e.g:
to

Ok, that's strange. Ember use always the file name of movie file to create the NFOs and images. That should always be the same.

I can attest that this is not the case (no pun intended). Every Movie that is missing in XBMC/kodi has a mismatch on the upper/lowercase MKV filename to the lowercase-only NFO (and other) files.

Is there a logging facility in Ember that I can use to help us tackle this issue ?
(2015-08-12, 09:35)ult_avatar Wrote:
(2015-08-11, 21:44)DanCooper Wrote:

e.g:
to

I can attest that this is not the case (no pun intended). Every Movie that is missing in XBMC/kodi has a mismatch on the upper/lowercase MKV filename to the lowercase-only NFO (and other) files.

Is there a logging facility in Ember that I can use to help us tackle this issue ?

Could be due to bulk renamer?

Use $F for Files pattern
(2015-08-14, 10:39)madmax2 Wrote:
(2015-08-12, 09:35)ult_avatar Wrote:
(2015-08-11, 21:44)DanCooper Wrote: Ok, that's strange. Ember use always the file name of movie file to create the NFOs and images. That should always be the same.

Could be due to bulk renamer?

Use $F for Files pattern

Could you elaborate on that ? I'm not using the function "rename" (right click). In regards to pattern I'm using the settings suggested under source for xbmc/kodi - not the expert pane.
Do you keep your movies all in one folder are they separated individually by folder? If they are separated individually, then go into expert settings and set .nfo naming to Movie.nfo and your problem is fixed.
(2015-08-14, 20:57)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Do you keep your movies all in one folder are they separated individually by folder? If they are separated individually, then go into expert settings and set .nfo naming to Movie.nfo and your problem is fixed.

It's not needed to use Movie.nfo. The default does also work.

I think the problem is that these NFO's are already existing with wrong case. While normal "Save to NFO", Ember does not rename the existing NFO to proper case if the file is already existing. This is the default way of Windows and I think it's the same for Linux.
The renamer does always check first if "NewFileName = OldFileName" (case sensitive) and flag the movie as "to rename". In a second state, the Renamer check if "NewFileName.ToLower = OldFileName.toLower". If this also True, the renamer rename the file to "<filename>.$emm$" and rename it back to "NewFileName". This ensures that the new filename has the correct uppercase and lowercase letters.

So, you have two workaround to fix you issue:
- delete the existing NFOs, use Tools -> Rewrite Movie Content or open each movie with Edit Movie and press OK to save the NFO again
- run Tools -> Bulk Renamer with correct settings
(2015-08-15, 02:27)DanCooper Wrote:
(2015-08-14, 20:57)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Do you keep your movies all in one folder are they separated individually by folder? If they are separated individually, then go into expert settings and set .nfo naming to Movie.nfo and your problem is fixed.

It's not needed to use Movie.nfo. The default does also work.

I think the problem is that these NFO's are already existing with wrong case. While normal "Save to NFO", Ember does not rename the existing NFO to proper case if the file is already existing. This is the default way of Windows and I think it's the same for Linux.
The renamer does always check first if "NewFileName = OldFileName" (case sensitive) and flag the movie as "to rename". In a second state, the Renamer check if "NewFileName.ToLower = OldFileName.toLower". If this also True, the renamer rename the file to "<filename>.$emm$" and rename it back to "NewFileName". This ensures that the new filename has the correct uppercase and lowercase letters.

So, you have two workaround to fix you issue:
- delete the existing NFOs, use Tools -> Rewrite Movie Content or open each movie with Edit Movie and press OK to save the NFO again
- run Tools -> Bulk Renamer with correct settings

I'll give this a try to see if it fixes the case-issue with ember.

However, I've found a workaround on XBMC side, where I edited the advancedsettings.xml and added some cas-IN-senstive regexes.
I've also combined this with the <movie> setting in ember.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember (1.4 Beta) scrapes perfectly but certain Movies not showing up in Kodi/XMB0