Some videos just show green picture
Hi,

Since 15.0 (and with 15.1 RC1) I cannot play HD TV channels or MP4 videos. Audio seems fine, but the picture is just green.
Upgraded from 14.2...
Any ideas?
And you are using Kodi on your apple iwatch or what? Lack of information. Crystal ball says - add the following to your advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<useffmpegvda>false</useffmpegvda>
</video>
</advancedsettings>
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz, FYI same happened to me on my Mac Mini since moving to 15.1. Never saw green before.

I'll add this to my advancedsettings.xml (I'm sure it's not there) and report back. If it persists, I'll get you a debug log.

I noticed some weird playback on a TV show too (weird soap-opera like jitter refresh rate or something) like we saw introduced during the 15.0 betas, need to research more before I give you a debug log on that one though. May have just been the show but may also be onto something.
apologies, was a bit busy the last months. your suggestion solved the issue.
was with the latest kodi release on mac os x 10.10.
@tom1502, I'd really like to get a sample of that content please, to look into why ffmpeg-vda is having issues.
Well it was with the German TV program Arte HD Received via DVB-S e.g.
Do you have a chance to receive this?
He is from the US ... so no Smile (and i only have dvb-c ...)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I see, is it an issue to record a short sequence ind provide it here? I mean legally?
(2015-09-02, 12:41)tom1502 Wrote: I see, is it an issue to record a short sequence ind provide it here? I mean legally?

It's considered "fair use" in many countries to make a small sample for the purpose of testing, as the sample video clip will have no commercial value otherwise.
I only need 50-100MBs, and please verify that the green error still exists in the sample. thx.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some videos just show green picture0