Motherboard with HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2
Anyone know of a motherboard that supports HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2?
Any motherboard with a Z170 chipset and an Alpine Ridge or Megachips MCDP28x0 controller. Check the thread Intel NUC - Skylake (6th Generation CPU) thread from post #19 onwards.
(2015-08-12, 12:29)oWarchild Wrote: Any motherboard with a Z170 chipset and an Alpine Ridge or Megachips MCDP28x0 controller. Check the thread Intel NUC - Skylake (6th Generation CPU) thread from post #19 onwards.

While it is rare to find a z170 motherboard with the HDMI 2.0 rating, I have never found one that specifies HDCP 2.2. I've written all of the manufacturers (5) that specify a MB as being HDMI 2.0 capable, but none so far has stated their MB is also HDCP 2.2. It would seem that any MB with the MCDP2800 would also be HDCP 2.2 capable. But the agent responding for the manufacturer either says their MB is not HDCP 2.2 compliant or that they will have to check with their "team".

So far, as you know, Gigabyte holds the greatest promise for two of their MBs. But they responded with "I have to check with my team".

I don't understand why the manufacturers couldn't just put the version number next to their HDMI and HDCP rating.

Thank you for your interest with this!
Painful... given Alpine Ridge and MCDP28x0 both support HDCP 2.2 one would assume motherboards using them would also support it. Perhaps manufacturers did not test/validate HDCP 2.2 (yet) and don't want to commit to it.

These motherboards are just being released so I'm sure we know more soon enough...
(2015-08-12, 15:26)oWarchild Wrote: Painful... given Alpine Ridge and MCDP28x0 both support HDCP 2.2 one would assume motherboards using them would also support it. Perhaps manufactures did not test/validate HDCP 2.2 (yet) and don't want to commit to it.

These motherboards are just being released so I'm sure we know more soon enough...

I agree with you. It makes sense that the manufacturers didn't just forget to state the versions their hardware is compatible with. I did read that there is test equipment that can be used to validate HDCP 2.2 compliance but it was said to be expensive - whatever that means.

Like you say, it must be too early to make informed decisions for which MBs should be used to maximize future proofing. But I would like to get on with it!
Three Gigabyte MB's state 'HDMI 2.0' and 'compatible with HDCP 2.2.

'GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0)'
'GA-Z170X-Gaming G1 (rev. 1.0)'
'GA-Z170X-Gaming GT (rev. 1.0)'

For example scroll down on this... http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product...id=5481#ov

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Motherboard with HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.20