kodi
not sure if i am writing in the right spot sorry Big Grin my question is i know u can stream kodi to smart tv i tried to do it however when i try to highlight "ZEROCONF" a message comes back saying i need to install "APPLE'S BONJOUR"what is that and is it going to hurt my computer. my friend install it when she played a movie it played for like 2 sec and stop she had an error said not supported file format could u help with the situation please,thanks also is the new kodi ready to download?if not the 15.0 is ready right? the windows has 2 install choice which one to install ?i just upgraded to win 10 thanks again i'll buy u some cheesecake for all this trouble it might be gone b4 it gets to uRofl
'
Um, while I had some trouble parsing your question, I think the simple answer is you just need to install iTunes onto your PC or use this link https://support.apple.com/kb/dl999?locale=en_US to install bonjour.
Search engines are your friend: https://www.apple.com/support/bonjour/

No, unless Apple just started making things to kill peoples PC just so that everyone will buy Macs it's not going to hurt you computer.

Don't know about your friends issue, you need to share more info, like media type, playing from a network stream or locally, and Oh yeah, a debug log (wiki)

Also, a couple of other things........thought separation, if you have a new thought or question start a new paragraph, use some Capital letters or something, you used punctuation but your post reads like one long thought.

And, you're in the Kodi forum. You'll get more help if you're a little more inventive than just putting the name of program you're using in the subject line. Something that summarizes what your having issues with in regards to Kodi.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Zeroconf and Apple's Bonjour are software for the same thing however on windows you have to install Apple's Bonjour separately. Zeroconf a more common name for it.

The two link for windows on the download page are both version 15 however the one that states "Windows & DX11" is for testing the new directX 11 version of Kodi. Both should work, but the regular one probably is a better choice for you as the DirectX 11 version may have a few more issues (It's still being tested and worked on, I think it will be in the next version of kodi (16)). Also version 15.1 is only in RC right now and is not a full release (will probably be soon) so dont worry about it yet. Its only a bug fix update anyway.

Like Tinwarble said to solve your friend's issue we need more info. However it sounds like the file she is playing is not compatible with kodi.

Also, not to be rude, but listen to the others when it comes to making posts here.
Raspberry Pi Model B 2 1024MB @ 1.0Ghz w/OSMC
--Decommissioned-- Raspberry Pi Model B 512MB @ 1.0Ghz w/ 3TB USB Drive Running Open Media Vault

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi0