Frame drops and skips
I'm running with MMAL acceleration only (necessary to use my HiFiBerry DAC+) and using the composite output in PAL mode. I'm actually using my Plasma TV's SCART input to test but this RPi v2 is destined for my brother who only has a CRT TV.

I've noticed a lot of frame drops and skips, whether I have deinterlace enabled (AUTO) or disabled. When I first checked, I think it was around 479 skipped but I figured that might have been as a result of toggling between full-screen and the EPG/menus, so I restarted the channel and I had a lot less after that but still noticed some gaps in audio and stutters in the video. On this test I had deinterlace on Auto. I tried with deinterlace off and that seemed to reduce them but not entirely and even when starting the channel again with deinterlace disabled, there were quite a few gaps/drops in audio for the first few minutes, although it settled down after that. On the third try, I think there were a total of 73 skipped frames (1 dropped) by the time the programme finished and whilst 49 of those occurred with deinterlace on and after I disabled it, that only increased slightly to 52 over the next few minutes, later on there were a couple of obvious stutters/gaps and on checking it had jumped to 63 and the next time, 72.

I uploaded the log after this, which was 554MB but I've compressed it down to 31MB: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1fDI89...sp=sharing

I then left TV running for several hours (not watching it, so couldn't observe any issues) with deinterlacing disabled and when I checked there was something like 144 drops and 646 skips.

Is there any way to fix this as it makes LiveTV quite unwatchable?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frame drops and skips0