htpc with n3700
Hello,
I need to build a new htpc for Kodi, p2p (24/7) and other web tasks, my pc should be absolutely silent and must not have an high power consumption, for these reasons i've decided to use braswell as platform, moreover the ability to decode via hardware HEVC is a plus for my htpc (future-proof).
these are the components that i've chosen,

MB+CPU: Asrock N3700-ITX
RAM: 1x8gb ddr3l patriot 1600mhz (already in my hand)
OU: Bluray Writer Samsung
SSD: Samsung EVO 850 120gb
CASE: Lc-Power 1350mi with power supply LC75ITX with 75W max.

An additional Hitachi 1tb 5400 will be attached via usb 2.0 for p2p activities, and also a bt receiver, an irda receiver, and a usb stick will be attached for other tasks,
My major concern is related to power required for the pc, i don't know if 75w are enough for this kind of build.
I can change the cabinet and psu if necessary, but it depends on prices... i prefer to avoid case with slot in drive, and pc cases too big.
Thank you in advance for your coopearation Big Grin
bump... any idea?
Hi,

Did you ever build this? I am considering the N3700 board as well. Need HD Audio to work (TrueHD/DTS-MA) with Dolby Atmos extensions.

Also, I see you were planning to use a bluray writer. Are you going to attempt Bluray playback as well?

Thanks
Jim
I've built systems with the previous generation J1900/J2900 and similar components to the rest of your build. They don't even use 30W at full CPU usage when testing via Prime95. I mate them with a 60W power supply. 75W will be plenty.
My ASRock BeeBox (N3150) runs 2x4GB RAM, the same SSD as you suggest (EVO 850 120gb), has in-case IR receiver, (Active) internal wifi/BT - current externals are 5GHz input receiver, an 7-port USB hub, external 7.1 USB soundcard utilizing both analog and optical output, and currently charging a PS3 sixaxis controller. It comes with a 12 Volt 3 Amp wallwart, and its doing perfectly fine. Thats a theoretical maximum supply of 36 watts. Unless your external HDD and the Samsung BluRay writer eats up over ~40 watts, you should be quite well set.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
htpc with n37000